Harry

Chapter 4

Well, Liam had been right. The girls were hot.

Really hot.

But then again, I had never been overly picky when it came to the fairer sex and my attraction to them.

          ‘I assume Alan invited you along tonight then?’ I asked as I slid onto the sofa, close to Rosie. She was indeed really pretty, with long dark hair that shimmered a with red tones in the strobe lights, and hazel eyes that sparkled with laughter when she spoke.

          But then, they were all pretty. Aubrey, with her crazy red hair falling around her face and over her shoulders, creating a fiery halo as she danced with the other girl, Megan, who had the longest legs I had ever seen. However I thought she might be taller than me and for some inexplicable reason; that was a turn off to me. I couldn’t be dealing with staring up at a girl all the time.

          The two other girls sitting with us from Ashes of Angels were extremely beautiful as well, Olivia with her dark flawless skin and full lips, which she had painted a deep red for the night, and Kate, with short platinum blonde hair, all spiky. She looked like a mix between Pixie Lott and Frankie Sandford, two women I would happily spend a night with.

          ‘You looked like you were having a good time out there,’ Rosie observed after I had bought the next round of drinks in. By now I was on my fifth beer and feeling pretty good.

          ‘Yeah, they were playing some wicked tunes,’ I replied, raising my voice when a particularly loud song came on, a perfect excuse to lean in closer.

          ‘Yet I haven’t heard any One Direction yet,’ she said back, sipping what I thought was her fourth Jack Daniels and Coke.

          ‘We may need to change that.’ She laughed, throwing her head back and showing her pearly whites.

          ‘Even you can’t be that arrogant,’ she answered, and I shook my head.

          ‘Definitely not, but it was fun to see you think I could be,’ I said, and she grinned in a way I could only describe as mischievous.

          ‘Well played Curls, but if one of your songs does come on, I want you down there in the middle of the dance floor belting out the song along with it,’ she said, and I smiled. I loved a good bet.

          ‘Fine, but the same rules apply to you. If your song comes on, you and the girls have to go down there and sing your little hearts out,’ I countered, and moments later we were shaking on it.

          ‘We’ll just have to see what happens then, won’t we?’ she cocked an eyebrow, and suddenly I wanted to kiss her. The only thing that stopped me was the look on Liam and Niall’s faces, both of whom were sitting behind Rosie, staring at us with disapproving glares.

          ‘H, mind if I speak to you for a moment?’ Liam said, and I nodded slowly, letting my hand graze across Rosie’s bare shoulder.

          ‘I’ll be back in a moment,’ I whispered softly in her ear before taking off behind Liam, who was heading back over to the bar. Glancing round, I grinned when I saw the three girls in a deep discussion, heads bent close together, clearly talking about me. It was confirmed when Rosie glanced up, straight in my direction, and blushed heavily before turning back to her band mates.

          ‘What are you playing at?’ Liam said loudly as soon as we were at the bar.

          ‘What do you mean?’