Chapter Three ~ Training and Something More

~Again pictures are not mine~ 

 "I want you to hold your sword like this." Kokushibo said improvising how you needed to hold your wooden sword. It was light and soft to the touch, but it felt a little awkward.

"That way you will have a better grip on it and you won't lose your weapon. Now with that in mind I want you to try to hit me. I will block your moves and you cannot use your powers." He pulled out another wooden sword and stood still. Rushing forward you held your weapon in your hands.

'Should be easy. I just have to hit him.'

Jumping in the air you tried to smack his head, but he put his sword up to block the attack. The sound of wood clashing echoed through the room. Pushing you off you landed a few feet in front.

'I need to find a weak spot and increase my speed.'

Dashing forward you tried to find a weak spot, but failed several times.

'It's like he's predicting my moves before I make them.'

Dashing forward you tried to hit his arm, but he pushed you upwards again. Taking the chance you tried to hit his head. Putting your weight into the move hoping it would work, but to no avail he blocked your attack. After what seemed like forever you were sweating and breathing heavily.

'Come on! Why can't I touch him!?' You thought frustrated running forward and darting to the side trying to find a weak spot.

Then it dawned on you that you were attacking upwards not downwards.

'I see. I keep on attacking the upper part of his body. Which means he assumes I'm going to continue doing that. I just need to go lower.'

Picking up your speed, to unnatural human speed, you charged forward tricking him to smack his side then spun around lowering yourself and smacked his ankles.

"Finally! I did it!" You shouted triumphantly in between breaths.

"It took some time..., but it seems that you weren't holding your sword with two hands."

He was right! You noticed that you were holding your sword in one hand and not with both.

"It seems you might be naturally gifted with twin swords." He said, pondering, deep in thought. An impressed expression on his face seemed to tell you that you did well.

"When will I learn to do breaths?"

"Soon. Sooner than I thought, but we will continue tomorrow. In the meantime you should practice your swings."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Report."

"Your daughter is far better than I thought she would be in combat on her first day, but there still needs to be a lot of practice." Kokushibo said plainly. "Another thing is that she could be a double sword user.

A pleased look showed a little on Muzan's face.

"If I may ask." Akaza inquired.

"Since I'm in a good mood you may ask."

"Would Y/n get trapped in the forest for the Final Selection? It seems that the other demons who have been brought there cannot leave. No matter how hard they try."

"Y/n will be able to get out. Besides, she has her mother's abilities to do so. Doma, you will be assisting Kokushibo in helping my daughter get stronger."