Hidden in Plain Sight

Walking down a corridor holding a tray of tea and grumbling. Inosuke stomped as if protesting on why he shouldn't be wearing the outfit he was in.

“Yae, do you have a minute?” Someone called down the adjoining hall. Stopping briefly he tuned into the conversation that was around a corner.

“Do you think Makio is okay?” The one asked. Eyes wide he got a little closer.

“Well….” Another trailed off. “She's been in her room and hasn't come out, because she said she wasn't feeling well. She won't go to see a doctor either.”

“Even if she wasn't feeling well that wouldn't stop her…” He mumbled. “If that one lady came from down there then I should go and take a look.”

Coming from his spot he went down the hall only to be stopped.

“Oh! Inoko.” The one lady called. “You'll get hurt if you run.”

Turning slightly he bowed and proceeded more carefully. Breathing heavily Uzui's voice echoed in his head.

‘You have a rough voice, so you can't say anything and you can't disguise it or everyone will know that you are a guy!’

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The castle was getting pretty boring even though it seemed to have no end and many, many rooms for you to entertain yourself. Pacing back and forth you  seemed to have worn the part on the floor you were walking on as you kept going. A feeling krept inside and had lingered for days since your last talk with Akaza. Everyone was on a mission. Whether it was looking for the Blue Spider Lily or the boy your father wanted hunted down, or doing whatever they pleased. But that one was manly Doma. You never wanted to place quick judgements, but he seemed to annoy your father more than anything.

‘I could ask what his opinion is.’ But another thought counter acted that one. ‘No. He's not very trustworthy and comes off as fake as father said. He'd probably tell me what I wanted to hear instead of his own thoughts.’

Continuing to pace more thoughts began to cloud your mind.

“Hmmmmmmmm.” You began to mutter.

“You seem to have a lot on your mind, my little one.”

Looking up you saw Muzan leaning against your sliding door. “Well….” You began to trail. “I just don't know what to do. Mother wanted to have peace between our kind and the other as much as I do and…well and I want to fulfill those dreams and wishes, but.” You faded as you were putting more thought into it. “But the more I think about it the more impossible it seems to be since everything is sided.”

Looking at your father his face faltered into a small frown as if contemplating what you spoke. “Yes,” he began, “that is a lot to think about and your mother did have a strong passion in that as much as you. Hmmm. While I am away on business why don't you go down and spend some time with Daki and relax? It should help ease your mind a bit.”

He didn't seem to like the idea. Maybe it was because it reminded him of your mom, or that he simply didn't agree with you. Nodding slowly you thought about having a ‘girl’s’ day. Something humans called. You heard it  a few times when you passed by other women when you were out. They would giggle as they went to the hot springs, or shop. The thought enticed you as you dwelled upon it.

“I see that you would like to go. I shall summon one of the upper three moons…”

“It's okay. I know how to get there.” You said grinning.

“But they know who you are and are hunting for you.” He said as his frown grew more.

“I can ask Nakime to teleport me as close as possible and I will disguise myself.” You suggested as you shapeshifted into someone else. His slits narrowed, disliking the idea as you smiled. “I'll be okay, besides Daki and her brother will be close by to sense me and you know how sensitive Daki is.” You perked beaming.

Grunting he folded his arms still contemplating the thought. “Alright.” He answered after a few minutes of utter silence. “But I will watch from afar to know that you arrived safely.” He ended knowing all too well that that was the end of the discussion. “I'll give you a few hours to prepare while I finish up my one project.” And with that in a blink of an eye he was already gone. You weren't sure of what you needed, but you started a list of what you thought you would need.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Standing in the meeting room you waited for a few minutes and then the sound of a string being plucked echoed as Nakime appeared.

“Oh my! How long have you been waiting, Princess? I am so sorry I kept you waiting.” She apologized bowing.

“It's alright.” You answered, jestering her to rise. “It wasn’t long at all and I don't mind waiting a few seconds.” You lied not wanting to hurt her feelings. A moment after Muzan entered. Grinning wide, your fangs poked out, making your dad chuckle slightly. “Still my little girl looking like she's going to her first sleepover.” You did have a sleepover with all the moons years ago. You couldn’t really remember why, but it excited you and you seemed to really bond with Daki at that time. She always seemed like a sister to you. When you were bored and she was there you would do many fun things.

“Alright. Let's go!” You cheered. With a nod and a pluck of a string you and Muzan were teleported to the edge of a bamboo forest. Infront were the gates to the district. Glancing up and smiling you transformed into a different person.

“I'll see you later then, Father.”

Grinning, he gave you a quick hug, “You stay safe my precious jewel. Daki will be in the Ogimoto House. She knows of your presence.” With that he was gone. Turning back at the gates you proceeded not knowing who else was also there.