Reflections Part 1

A/N~ Again I'm so sorry that this took longer, bu ta da it's here! Life kind of got chaotic and busy, but it's settled down a bit. I hope you are all doing well and that you all have a wonderful week!! Thank you so much!! I never thought I'd make it to almost 4k views! <3 <3 <3 If you have requests let me know in the comments or message me. ^^

If you see typos, please let me know.

Unsheathing the weapon you looked at your sword. Your mother's sword. Shock, excitement, and curiosity filled your mind as you stared at the relique. You could make out the small cracks in the clear glass as you examined it closely. The handle was made of a very fine silver that had flower and tree patterns engraved in the smooth metal. Looking up you saw your dad grin as you held the precious gift in your hands.

"She would have wanted you to have it."

Eyes widening you hugged him tightly while muffled 'thank yous' were heard. Hugging you back and placing his head on top of yours he whispered in your ear.

"Anything for my one and only precious flower. I wish I knew someone who knew her techniques." Letting go you looked up at him and into his red, crimson eyes. A smile drew upon your face as you beamed brighter with every second.

"Actually I did learn her techniques."

Interest was showing in his eyes as he looked at you curiously.

"And who taught you?"

"The Hashira's master did. He said he knew mom."

A dark look crept in his gaze as Muzan seemed to not be in reality.

"I see."

"Why.." You hesitated. "Why didn't you kill him when mom died?"

"Because I decided he was worthy to live when he tried to protect you and your mother."

"So why not Tanjiro? He kept me safe and the others did as well and he knows what you look like."

"Because his intentions are and were different from his master's." Muzan said calmly, but you could hear the hidden irritation in his toning. Not wanting to push the topic further you bowed slightly and walked out of the room gently closing the door. It was quiet inside the castle as you seemed to sense that most of the upper and lower moons were gone. Studying the inner layer of the Infinity Castle you took note that humans were more organized in their structure, building and foundations as the castle was a maze. To get from one room to the next could be tricky if you didn't memorize the layout of it. Nakime made it easier to travel from one room to the next as she never went out. Seeing that you had plenty of time to kill you walked to your room. It took awhile as you got lost in some passages and rooms, but after a couple of hours you finally made it. Opening the sliding door you stepped in and plopped on your bed and examined the workmanship.

' I wonder if mom kept any journals.' You wondered. 'If so they would be in dad's room.' Closing your eyes you slowly drifted to sleep. 'If so I'll have to look, but later.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I need to get stronger." Tanjiro thought as he walked down the hall. "I need to be stronger, so I can protect the innocent." Entering his room he reached for his sword. Looking out the window he noticed the sun was barely descending behind the mountain. Practicing in the night would probably be the best time to train, but risky if he ran into an Upper rank. 'It may be best if I'm close to the Wisteria trees in case.' With that he walked out the door and headed to a place that had Wisteria. The original home of the Hashira's base would be best since it was covered in Wisteria, but the risk would be having a Kizuki there. Hopefully they thought we left and will look elsewhere.