Kagaya and The Past ~ Part 2

*Picture of your mother*

"Please, tell me more about her?" I asked anxiously.

"Kimiko was a very close friend of mine, but she disappeared and I couldn't find her, until one fateful day." He changed from calm to a face of sadness, despair and longing. "It was when I was younger and was still training as a slayer. I was training by a nearby lake near my estate when a demon approached me. He managed to knock my sword out of my hand when she came in to save me. She was a demon herself, but different. After that incident we met at the lake every night. She helped me improve my training and combat skills as well. We did this for a couple of months until one night she didn't come and that continued for a few weeks. I was worried for a couple of months thinking she had been slain, but one particular night she came. She told me that she won't be back for a couple of months, but on a certain day she would bring special someone with her." A glint of joy sparkled in his eyes. "About three years had passed and she came while I was sparring with Fujin GimaFujin Gima. He was a formal Wind Harshira. He didn't know she was there, but I did. I told him that I was getting tired and we both decided on taking a break. I sent him inside for some refreshments. When he was gone I followed her deep into the forest. There in a clearing of trees she brought you out."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Flashback*

"Who is this Kimiko?" He asked crouching to look at the little figure hiding behind her mom.

"This is my Little Princess Y/n." She responded calmly, patting the little girl on the head.

"Kayaga." she tilted her head looking at him with a worried expression "If anything happens I would like you to teach her my techniques that I've taught you."

"Nothing could happen to you." He was surprised by her request. "The only thing that could kill you is a demon slayer and I will protect you from them and Muzan Kibutsuji." He replied reassuringly.

"I know, but since I am the only one who can do the breath technique and now that I have shown you I want you to teach her if anything happens. Promise me, Kagaya." She said walking towards him and putting her hands on his shoulders. "Please. Please promise me." Worry and fear were now shown in her light crimson eyes.

"I promise." He said placing his hand on her shoulder to comfort her. A small tug on his haori made him look down to see a little figure looking up at him.

"Who's the father?" He asked bending down to pick her up.

"I'd rather not say for her safety."

"I see."

"Is he one of the Upper Moons?" He asked booping the little girl on the nose, making her giggle.

"You could say that." She said smiling.

"Let me guess." He said deep in thought. "How about Upper Moon....4?"

Laughing gently she looked at him. "Not even close."

"Oh so he's a higher rank then Upper Moon 4?"

"I told you I can't tell you for her safety." She began laughing.

The little girl began playing with his face as they walked down to the other side of the lake. The moon's glow lit up the forest and it's gentle light reflected off the calm water. A cool, gentle breeze brushed past them as they watched the ripples in the water.

"Why haven't you killed me and trust me so much?" Kayaga asked the beautiful woman.

"I." She stopped thinking deeply. "It's because I sensed something special about you and I didn't want that to go away. You remind me of someone, but, " she hesitated, " I can't remember who." Smiling, she looked at him with a warm smile. "Tell me then. Why haven't you killed me?"