Hidden Corners

Getting closer to the smell Daki pointed out the source as she weaved around different crowds graciously. She lost a bit of time when she went after the blonde one, but it didn't take long to restrain him. That left her and you safe. If her corrections were correct, that was the only one that was suspicious of her. There seemed to be more, but she wasn't sure of how many, but it was only the one that knew she wasn't human. The scent was similar, but so different. Drawing closer she noticed you in the distance speaking with a shopkeeper.  Approaching she called out your name cautiously.

Hearing your name you slightly tilted your head. Eyes widening you thanked the shopkeeper and went over to Daki.

“It's been awhile.” She said, smiling at you.

“Mhm. Father said it would be best if I spent some time with you.”

“Well I think it's a grand idea!” Daki cheered. “We definitely need some girl time! Let's head back and decide what we should do.”

‘There are a few more about, but they shouldn't be a problem. They won't sense me, but if they do they don't stand a chance if they are a lower rank like the blonde one. So she’s safe either way.’

“What would you like to do first?”

“I don't know.” You replied thinking while brushing your hair out of your face. “What do you think?”

“Hmmmm….we could go to the hot springs or..!” She got enthusiastic.  “How about some shopping!”

“That sounds fun!” You replied matching her enthusiasm.

“Alright sis! Let's go shopping!”

You and Daki had a different relationship from the other moons. Since she as the only upper moon that was female you grew closer to her. Even her brother you grew to him as your own brother though you never really saw them a lot.

“Would Gyutaro like to join?” You asked.

Pausing, she looked at you. “He said probably later when we are in a less public place.”

The air was light, but there was a heavy scent you took notice to, but didn’t think much of it

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“I TOLD YOU! IT LOOKED LIKE THIS!” Inosuke shouted as he wiggled his hands and fingers.

“I see.” Tanjiro agreed, still confused.

“AND IT ALSO LOOKED LIKE THIS AS WELL AND THIS!” He demonstrated dancing on the rooftop.

“Uh huh. Give me a second.” Tanjiro agreed again still trying to understand what shape he was doing.

“AND LIKE THIS! YOU SEE IT NOW?! IF NOT I DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE WILL HELP!” He yelled squirming around

“Zenitsu will not be arriving.” Uzui said.

Looking at him in surprise by how stealthy he came they looked at him in confusion.

“What do you mean by that?”

“I should not have put you all through this and now I feel bad. I made some poor decisions and put you all in danger. As it is Zenitsu is missing and there has been no contact since. If it's an upper rank you will be in danger since your rank is low.” Taking a breath he continued. “It’s best if you go. No one would know and assume you died.”

“Mr. Uzui! We can help.” Tanjiro began to say.

“Life is all about survival, so take this opportunity and run.” He replied cutting Tanjiro off.

“Does he not trust us? Is it because we’re the lowest rank?” Tanjio asked sadly.