October 14, 1996: Part IV

"...it's like right out of a horror movie..."

Sidney awoke hours later to the phone ringing. She looks around, disoriented, before picking up the phone.

"Hello?"

"Practice ran late. I'm on my way, okay?" Tatum foretold.

Sid picks up the small clock to check the time, "It's past 7:00."

"Don't worry. Casey and Steve didn't bite it 'til way after 10:00," The blonde cruelly reassures.

Sidney sits up to look out the window. "Oh. Oh, that's comforting," She lies, laying back down.

Tatum continues to speak as if the murders weren't a pressing matter. "I'm gonna swing by the video store later. I was thinking Tom Cruise, All The Right Moves. If you pause right, you can see his penis," she exclaims excitedly.

"Whatever. Just hurry, okay?"

"Ta-ta, Sid."

After they hung up, Sid placed the phone back in its rightful place. She anxiously looked outside again until her attention was averted to the phone ringing, once again.

"Tatum, just get in the car..." Sid was interrupted by the voice on the other line.

"Hello, Sidney."

She blinks in confusion, "Uh..hi. Who is this?"

"You tell me," the voice answers.

The voice was completely unfamiliar to her. She tilts her head in confusion, "Well, I-I have no idea."

"Scary night, isn't it? With the murders and all, it's like a right out of a horror movie or something."

Sidney's face breaks out into a smile as she lets out a laugh. "Randy, you gave yourself away. Are you calling from work 'cause Tatum's on her way over?"

She gets up from the couch turning on the lamp. The lamp illuminates the room as they speak.

"Do you like scary movies, Sidney?" the voice ignores her assumption.

"I like that thing you're doing with your voice, Randy. It's sexy," she laughs to herself.

The voice gets annoyed at her dismissiveness, "What's your favorite scary movie?"

"Oh, come on. You know I don't watch that shit."

"Why not? Too scared?" the voice taunts.

"No. No, it's just what's the point. Some stupid killer stalking some big-breasted girl who can't act who's always running up the stairs when she should be going out the front door. It's insulting," Sid ends her rant out of breath.

The voice paid no mind to her statement and felt it was appropriate to quote a scary movie. "Are you alone in the house?"

"Randy, that's so unoriginal. I'm so disappointed in you," she feigns disappointment kneeling onto the couch. She checks outside for any sign of Tatum's arrival.

"Maybe that's because I'm not Randy."

Sidney stands back up, clearly alarmed, "So, who are you?"

"The question isn't 'Who am I?' The question is 'Where am I?"

"S-So, where are you?" she asks apprehensively.

"Your front porch."

"Why would you be calling from my front porch?"

The smug voice responds, "That's the original part."