October 15, 1996: Part IV

A/N: wish i could add more than one song in the margin at the top :( also, this goes without saying but you don't have to listen, it's just there if you would like to, even so, you could listen to any of the songs separately to your reading experience

"She's the Scream queen."

Dewey personally escorted you, Tatum, and Sidney to Stu's house; meaning he drove all of you and parked out front to keep an eye on the party. What better way to keep an eye on you and Sidney as Burke instructed him. Plus, there was always the chance that Niel or whoever was Ghostface would pop up, and Dewey could save the day.

What you all failed to notice was the Top Story news van following close behind.

"Alright, you three have fun. Not too much fun or I'll bust ya," Dewey says, teasingly.

Tatum rolls her eyes, and you all exit the vehicle holding the grocery store bags. You can hear music blaring before you even step foot in the house. There are a few stray teens on the porch, drinking together. You take note that a majority of party-goers settled in the living room. It was a mix of people dancing, drinking, or snacking on stove-top popcorn.

People either cheer or raise their beer bottles at the sight of the three of you. They seemed to anticipate your arrival, along with Sid and Tatum's, since Stu designated the food and snacks to you three solely.

The three of you enter the kitchen to set the bags down. You are greeted by the sight of a teenage boy on his knees in front of Stu. The boy had a beer funnel in his mouth as Stu stood over him, pouring beer into the funnel and holding it up.

"Oh, that's absurd," Tatum comments.

Stu kept his eyes on the boy, "You guys were tardy for the party, so we started without you."

To be fair, the drive to Stu's house was pretty long.

The boy finished chugging the beer and stood up to fist bump Stu, "My man!"

Kenny drove the news van into a more secluded spot to not give away their location. Gale stepped out of the passenger seat cautiously. Kenny opened the main door as quietly as he could.

"Well, were we spotted?" He asks Gale.

Gale spoke in a hushed tone, "I don't think so. Go get the camera." She lets out a startled gasp as she turns around, faced with Dewey.

He takes off his cap, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare ya."

Gale sighs as she shakes her head and forges a smile, "Deputy, that's okay."

"What brings you to these parts?" He speculates.

"Well, you just never know when or where a story will break."

Dewey glances at the Macher house, "Not much of a story here. Just a bunch of kids cutting it loose."

"Then what are you doing here?" Gale shot back.

He hesitated, "Just keeping an eye on things. I'm gonna check the party out," He tries to dismiss himself. As much as he respected Gale, he feared accidentally revealing any information to her that would land him in trouble with the sheriff.

The reporter grabs his arm, "Do you mind if I join you?"

"No, not at all."

"Right, let me just get my coat. Thanks," Gale reaches into the van for her coat, and Kenny hands her the camcorder. They give each other a knowing look, and Gale turns back to Dewey with a wicked smile.