Ending Note

[Edit] The clock is about to strike midnight, commencing my birthday, so I wanted to give you guys a gift. I did not write a sequel but I have a new story comprised of one-shots for Scream so check it out now!

Hello, it's me, the author, writing this immediately after finishing the final edit for the finale. I'm currently celebrating that accomplishment with a small bottle of apple cider.

I'm sorry the finale came about two months late. I won't go into specifics about my personal life but I became busy. When I finally had the free time to work on the finale, it became difficult to get into my writing headspace so progress was very slow. The last thing I wanted to do was rush the chapter and publish something I wasn't happy with, so ultimately I do not regret taking my time to complete it.

This is actually my first time creating and finishing a story this long. I've written fanfiction before but nothing of this length. I'm very proud of myself and overjoyed that I saw this through till the end, I'm sure you are too.

It's actually taken me nearly a year complete this, start to finish.

Last year I began hyperfixating on Scream and needed something to channel my love for the movie. I wrote the first chapter (October 13, 1996) somewhere near the end of November and the beginning of December. Eventually, I had written a few chapters, without publishing them, before I really wanted other people to experience the joy of reading them as I had writing them. I told myself no matter what, and no matter how long it took me, I was going to finish this.

Originally I was convinced this was going to be completed months ago but here we are now, 10 months later. Despite that, I never rushed myself or put any substantial pressure on myself to finish it quicker. In fact, the closer I got to the ending, the more nervous I got about writing it.

When I realized I actually needed to outline the ending, I made one while I was still writing the October 15th chapters. I've known what I wanted the ending to be since I began writing this fanfic but I also knew that I couldn't write an ending without a more fleshed-out concept.

There were a couple of times I was convinced I had writer's block because of how much I didn't want to write the final chapters. I was so scared of messing something up or disappointing myself or readers. I knew I had to get over it because I'm the one writing it so, at the end of the day, I'm in control of how my writing ends up.

Obviously, I no longer feel that way seeing as I'm done writing for this. I don't care if some people don't like the ending because I'm extremely proud that I completed it. I had so much fun writing throughout the duration of this and I hope that is reflected in my writing. I really do hope everyone has found some enjoyment in this.

In regards to the ending though, I wrote it with the intention of having ambiguity. The reader is not confirmed to be dead, but the reader is also not confirmed to be alive. I leave it up to your imagination to make that decision.

As of now, I don't have any works in progress so I'm sorry I don't have anything else to offer. This book(?) is also available on AO3 and Quotev if you ever wanted to re-read this on another website. It has the exact same title so it should be easy to find. 

I don't have anything to plug other than my tumblr account. I intend on writing and posting fanfic there, so if you're interested my username is @ kameronrose