October 15, 1996: Part VII

A/N: sorry for the late update, life's been busy. i'll be updating twice a week on mondays and fridays so the chapters can come out at a faster rate

Warning: spoilers (?) for Halloween (1978)

"You're not scared, are ya?"

Inside the van, Gale and Kenny watched, disinterested in the delayed footage of Randy explaining the rules to surviving a horror movie. A knock on the door sent them into a panic. Kenny hurriedly switched off the T.V as Dewey opened the door.

"The sheriff just radioed. Somebody reported a car in the bushes down the road. I'm gonna go check it out. Would you care to join me?" He invited Gale.

"I'd love to. If you're sure it's alright," She agreed, not wanting to seem suspicious.

"Uh, ma'am. I'm the deputy of this town," He bragged.

Gale hopped out of the van and shut the door. Kenny turned the T.V back on to see what the teens were up to.

Gale walked towards Dewey's car until he stopped her.

"Wh–excuse me, ma'am."

Gale turned to him and hummed.

"I thought maybe we'd walk. It's such a nice night out. I have a flashlight," He tried to reassure her.

Nothing could go wrong if they walked down the road alone, at night, and in an isolated area while there was an unknown killer that could show up at any time, right?

Dewey turned the flashlight on, pointing it under his face. "You're not scared, are ya?"

Gale shook her head, and they made their way down the road.

Stu saw out more of his guests while you and the others remained in the living room, watching the movie. He bid them farewells and ironically wished them a safe drive.

"So, what happened to Tatum, Stu?" One of the guys asked him.

"She probably got pissed at me and bailed," He fabricated.

Back upstairs, things with Billy and Sidney were escalating. Billy was on top of Sid, feeling her up and kissing her neck like a feral animal. Sidney reciprocated with as much ferocity, grinding into him and pulling him into another kiss.

Downstairs, you and the remaining guests continue to dwell in the living room. Stu hadn't come back since seeing the other guests out, so another boy took his spot next to you. You grew uncomfortable in a room of unfamiliar people. You didn't know anybody other than Randy, which wasn't much better, admittedly.

First Tatum left, then Sid left you alone with the supervision of Stu, and now he was nowhere to be seen. Usually, you'd be enjoying yourself at the chance to re-watch Halloween, but loneliness crept up to you. And worst of all, you felt scared. Your friends had ditched you at a party. For Pete's sake, there was still a murderer on the loose. Being left alone in a room full of strangers did not bring you any comfort or peace of mind.

You wanted nothing more than for Sidney and Billy to finish up whatever they were doing so you and Sid could just head home and wallow in grief on the anniversary of your mother's death or for Stu to, at least, come back and provide you company.

Randy points at the T.V screen, "Look! Here comes the obligatory tit shot."

You turn your head away from the screen at Randy's warning.