15: The Truth is Near

Keigo's pov:

The unique smoke smell of cooked smoked meat and grilled vegetables sends my mind to the past. The first day on stage the lion came at me with mouth open. Only for a kid from the crowd to come to my rescue. I don't remember his face. Yet when I opened my eyes. The tears wouldn't stop flowing.

"So you're finally awake."

^that voice. ^

I seemed to be in a house made from stone and packed with sand. As I sit up. I feel my face plant into something soft.

"Well well switching sides already keigo? I had no idea you were a breast man."

The embarrassment i felt was too much. So I pulled away and hid under the animal pelt blanket.

"S...sorry ma'am."

"After all these years, and that's the first thing you say to me!? Oh hell no!"

The blanket was pulled away. That's when I saw my old ring leader mirko. She's a native to this land, but was pushed out by attackers when she was a kid.

"M...mirko?"

"That's right little bird."

"So does this mean you're trying to get the tribe back together?"

"Nah, I gave up on that. If we were to get together again. It would only make us an easy target. Plus if everyone teaches our culture. We will never truly die. Our wings need to spread for true freedom to be found."

"That's good to hear. So how did you find me?"

"You were so dehydrated that what you thought was water was actually a scorpion  on a cactus."

"Thanks."

"Awww no problem little bird. "

"No really, because of you. I have another chance to get back to him."

"So you found a partner?"

"Yeah, his name is nats-"

^wait, why can't I tell her his name?"

"His name is Nat-"

"Do you remember the promise we made before that fateful day?"

"Yeah, we'd never lie to one another no matter what."

"Yet you can't say his name to me. Your mind has noticed something that your eyes can't see. When the time is right. You'll see the vale no more. Now go little bird."

With two things of water, food, and a new gun. I set off to the nearest town.

Enji's pov:

While getting ready for bed. I put my gun away in my nightstand. The moment the I bent down to rake off my boots. There's a knock on my door.

"This better be important!"

................

Silence fills the room. So I grab my gun to open the door with protection. That's when I was greeted with darkness. All the candles were blown out.  I shut the door back and locked it before retreating to the window. Heavy bootsteps with stumps clinking sends a chill of fear into me. As the door handle moves. I fire two shots at the door.

..............

"Nice try but I'm not going down that easy!"

^wait, where's the thud of a bbody?

Tgrew the holes i see soul piercing blue eyes looking back at me. After a moment of looking into them. I pull my gun to empty it out. Yet still no thud, but now the eyes are gone. With the clicking of a key. The door opens. Revealing the blue eyed bandit right infront of me.

"I'll pay you whatever you want. Just let me go."

"What about your son?"

"That piece of shit? Take him if you want---"

*BANG!*