19: The Cold Truth

Keigo's pov:

With his hat in hand. I search for clues. First I search at the brothel where shigaraki was spotted. There outside of the showers on the ground. The dirt where water puddles up is black. Yet the rest is mostly red clay like dirt. I see that nastuo had nothing out of the ordinary in his old room. So my next location was at the todoroki family estate. Once I picked the lock to get inside. I found the same type of rope that both natsuo and dabi tied me up with. Along with family photos over the years. Shoto was a priest, fuyumi looked depressed, natsuo glared at his father, touya was making funny faces, enji was smiling, and their mom wasn't in any of them. I then looked everywhere in the house. In Touya's closet I found a bunch of coal ash. Once I put my hand in it. The color changed with little resistance.

"Holy shit is he-? Oh no."

I ran to the old abandoned mine in search of them. Once inside it became really dark. Luckily there were lanterns on the outside for me to use. Deep inside I saw lights. Between the rocks natural gas was still burning blue. Lighting up a perfect path to a three way intersection. I went to the left and saw the mountain of gold, jewls, and valuables. Along with weapons and ammunition. Off in the distance I heard voices echo. One sounded like natsuo. So I rush in with pistol in hand. I soon came up to another room with two doors. One was by the entrance where I came from. The other was behind natsuo. He was safe and yet something was off. He was washing the ash out of his hair.

"Natsuo?"

He looked at me with a sad expression.

"So you finally know the truth. I hate that it has to come to this. Such a shame too because I fell for you all over again Keigo takami."

"Come with me natsu. It isn't safe here-"

From behind, I was pistol whipped at the back of my neck. Causing me to pass out.

^natsuo? No wait, those eyes belong to him.^

"I found you t.....ouya."

I mumbled before blacking out.  I awoke to the rocking of a horse drawn carriage. Slowly I opened my eyes to see touya putting the honey ash paste in his hair to dye it black. As he dressed like Dabi.

"Why?"

"So you're awake already? Such a shame. I was hoping to stayed asleep until you passed on peacefully."

I try to move but the ropes get tighter. With no knife or pistol on my person anymore. I couldn't escape.

"Tell me why you did all this. I at least deserve answers right?!"

He looks me in my eyes and I see the pain that he's trying to not show.

"Answer me please touya!"

"The names dabi now, and you're too fucking LOUD!"

with his own bandana he gags me before sitting on the seat by my feet. With finger tips touching and head down. I hear him say.

"I'll grant your last request.... for answers."