What Are We?

*hi! It's been a long time, I'm sorry for not updating for a while, so now, I want to write a short story.

(Long chapter~ *eung)

                                     ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Natalie was a girl who are known as her friendly and cheerful personality. Whenever you met her, you'll always see her beautiful dimple smile, smiling at you. She has a childish voice that'll makes everyone find her as a cute girl. But she never had any close friends that be with her 24/7. She just joined any group of friends.

   In her classroom, she was very active and outgoing student too. She often talked about anything that made her or anyone else happy. Kennedy and Avie were Natalie's classmates that she spent times the most with. They're two were best friends. Sometimes, Natalie was so jealous seeing the two doing like a real best friend do. Even though she's a friendly and outgoing person, but she never had a friend that she can proudly said that the person was her best friend. 

   Days goes by, Natalie really spent all of her day at school with Kennedy and Avie. Everywhere they're going, you can see that they're always together. What made their friendship grow more and more, they're sharing the same interest, but Natalie a little bit different than them. Kennedy and Avie were a little bit girly but not Natalie, she tried to learn anything new from the two. To Natalie, they actually meant so much for her. Whenever it's weekend or school holidays, they're always contact each other, in the morning, evening or even midnight, their favorite. Like what people said, they are really like best friends... right?

   Deep inside Natalie's heart, she wished that their friendship bond keep going bigger and longer. Yes, she found her right. Her best friends. That made she feel like nobody can do, like what they're doing. Is it... comforting? Is it... cozying? Is it... safe? Yes, there's many feelings that she can't even explain it. She's madly happy. She finally confessed about what they're meant to her, and wished that she's never leave. They're wishing together. They're officially best friends now.

   But who knows... that fate or even universe can longer their friendship?

   Yes, separating was a hell. Kennedy have to move to another school, that's mean she left Natalie and Avie. Of course, it's hurt. But they're never stopped connecting to each other. They're doing messages, calls, video calls, that doesn't feel like they're separate at all. But, again. It's a fate. Avie have to catch her dream, by being an artist. She love to do art, she love drawing. Natalie supported Avie, even her hearts hurt. Actually a lot. But she's still smiling. Not knowing that her heart breaking apart.

    Being a student was the most busiest human ever. Sometimes, when they're feel down, they're tried to listen and call time with each other. But, knowing that, Natalie still worried about her best friends. She knew that her friends are all in a busy and tiring day. She tried to cheer up them almost every day. But, she hate to show herself as weak or sad person. She just can't. When she's falling apart, but she doesn't told anyone about her condition. She's scared, she thought that she can't get anyone worried about her. She being selfish... isn't she?

   It's just a blink or she's been in a dream? It's been a long time, she realized that she's not texting Kennedy and Avie. So do they. Negative thoughts doesn't appeared yet in her mind. Yes, maybe they're being so busy. To her, finding a friend was a very simple thing to do. But real or best friend was another level of thing. They need trust, they need company. That's why, in her heart only, the names Kennedy and Avie were there. She's keep getting worried when the two of them doesn't reply any of Natalie's messages. She's also became more lonely now.

   She found out about Kennedy and Avie 'new' friends. They uploaded in social media, where Natalie found it. 

  "They're seems so happy," suddenly, her hearts whispered.