Chapter 10

That night I moved into the Poseidon cabin. It was still beautiful. But it was also more lonely. There was not a hint of anyone even stepping foot inside. I had grown so used to either my mess around or Tyson in the cabin tinkering with something small.

Loneliness wasn't new to me but it was always a sad thing. The week progressed with no one contacting me. The only help I had was Luke duelling me. He stepped up his game and I was hard-pressed to win but win I did. Every single time.

That night I had a dream. Two people were wrestling on the beach. One wore a blue toga and the other a green toga. I deduced that they were Zeus and Poseidon. Zeus was demanding his lightning bolt back and Poseidon was saying he didn't have it. A voice, Kronos' voice, echoed from the ground, "Come to me, little hero." I woke with a start.

I went outside and saw storm clouds rolling in. Grover came over and said, "Mr. D wants to see you." I nodded and made my way over to the Big House. After explaining what is happening, Chiron sent me up to the attic to get a prophecy from the Oracle.

After climbing four flights of stairs and up into the attic I came face to face with the Oracle, her withered and mummified face. The green fog started to fill the air. "I am the spirit of Delphi, speaker of prophecies of Phoebus Apollo, slayer of the mighty Python. Approach, seeker, and ask." I took a deep breath before replying, "How am I to retrieve the Lightning Bolt this time around?"

The green smoke swirled around before revealing Gabe and his buddies playing poker. Gabe spoke, "You shall go west, and face the god who has turned."

The buddy on his left spoke up next, "You shall find what was stolen and see it safely returned."

The guy next to him spoke up next, "You shall be betrayed one who calls you a friend."

The next man spoke, "And the children of Hades you shall send."

The guy on the end of the table spoke next, "A bargain shall be made."

Finally, the guy to the left told the last line, "And to rest shall a soul be laid."

As I descended my way back down to Chiron I wondered why the prophecy was slightly different. Obviously not everything was different. Chronos' voice filled my head, "That's because we didn't technically send you back in time. That would just destroy the entire foundation of the universe. So instead we created a new universe for you to retry everything. As such, there will be slight differences." the voice receded and I sighed feeling tired of all the curveballs being thrown my way. I made my way over to Chiron and sat myself down.