Chapter 11

We sat in silence for a bit. I reached out with my senses. I could feel that shifting of water and a sudden concentration of water not too far away from me. I decided not to say anything. Eventually, Chiron spoke up, "So my boy, what was the prophecy?" I stared at him but didn't respond. After a little bit, I responded, "It was quite small for some reason is this normal?" I asked. Chiron frowned before waving at me to continue. I nodded and said, "You shall go west and face the god who has turned. You shall find what was stolen and see it safely returned." I stopped there. Chiron frowned again. "That was a really short prophecy. Either this will be really simple or something is interfering with the Oracle."

"Now we need to assign you your quest members," Chiron said, dismissing his musings. I thought it over. I didn't want to bring Grover. He wasn't of much use the last time. I thought of bringing Luke and Annabeth. They were the best campers around. However, that means that Luke has a better opportunity to kill us. "Luckily, we already have one volunteer." I rose an eyebrow even though I knew Annabeth would volunteer. Speaking of her, she appeared in front of me, stuffing her Yankees cap into her pocket. "Let's get another camper on this quest and let us be off," she stated, her voice in a demanding tone. I tilted my head, slightly confused by her personality. "You do realize I have no real idea of who you are," I stated. Annabeth rolled her eyes and extended her hand, "Annabeth Chase, daughter of Athena, the goddess of war and crafts." I shook her hand and asked, "Who is the most skilled camper in the camp?" As she retracted her I saw a silver bracelet on her wrist. "There's me, you, Luke, and Clarisse," she listed off. I debated on who to take. Luke would inevitably want me in the Underworld so he would keep the quest on track. He was also a good swordsman. Clarisse, on the other hand, was good with a spear but she had a temper and wasn't able to listen to advice. Having made up my mind I uttered, "I'll take Annabeth and Luke." 

Chiron spoke up next. "Now the god who has turned and the god who would benefit from this war." Annabeth thought for a bit before responding, "Hades, the Lord of the Dead." Chiron sighed before nodding. "The entrance to the Underworld is in LA." I tilted my head, slightly confused. I could have sworn that there was an entrance in Central Park using the doors of Odysseus. The clouds that had been looming over the camp opened up. Lightning flashed and thunder rumbled as the rain fell. The campers looked up in shock. Chiron sighed, "You should get packing. Annabeth tell Luke that you'll be leaving as soon as possible. Meet up at the pine tree."