Chapter 22

I felt my consciousness stirring. I could feel a faint breeze drifting up my skin. I could feel the Golden Fleece energising me. I woke up to find myself in my cabin. I guessed that I was drawn to the power of the sea and the safety that the cabin provided. I woke up and grabbed the fleece from my back. I hauled myself off the floor and exited the cabin. I could see Nico and Bianca looking on the beach. I hollered out, "I'm over here!" Their heads snapped up and gaped at me. They ran straight for me. I laughed and ran for Thalia's tree. I made it to the base of the tree when the siblings caught up to me. I chucked the fleece on the tree and collapsed to the ground as Nico tackled me. I wrapped my arms around him as he butted his head against my chest. "Don't you ever do that again Aquaman," he said, tears coming to his eyes. Bianca spoke up, "We almost thought you were dead. The only reassurance that we had, was that Nico hadn't felt your soul pass on." Now that the fleece was off of me, I could slowly feel my energy getting low. I could see dark spots filling my vision. I could see Nico and Bianca were running on fumes as well. I groaned and got up, dragging Nico with me. We slowly stumbled towards my cabin. We barely made it to the beds before falling asleep.

The next morning shouting could be heard from outside the cabin. I groaned and untangled myself from Nico's hold and got dressed for the day. Bianca had already left. I shook Nico and dragged him out of the bed. Nico rubbed his ears and got up to get changed. I walked out of the cabin and saw everyone gathered around Thalia's tree. I walked up to the tree and saw Thalia's face starting to emerge from the ground. Nico came up behind me and wrapped his arm around my waist and observed Thalia.

Chiron came trotting up the hill. He spotted me and Nico and asked, "Could come down to the amphitheatre to tell your story while we wait for Thalia to get out?" Nico and I nodded our agreement. We made our way down to the amphitheatre and saw everyone sitting down. We strode up onto the stage and began our story.

Once we reached the part about Annabeth's death there was utter silence. "And before you say anything, I would like to remind you that this a war of life or death. I had no intention of leaving her to go back to the enemy," I said. The silence was echoing throughout the amphitheatre.

A bolt of lightning came down from the sky. I leaned to one side to dodge it. "Once again, it was life or death Thalia. I had no intention of leaving the enemy's greatest strategist alive." With that Thalia strode out of the shadows.

AN: Sorry for the small update. But I have been working on a new book 'Harry Potter: The Potter's Rise to Power'. The first chapter is out now. I have also been getting accustomed to the new school. I will be mostly focusing on the other story as I have hit a small writer's block with this book.