Price x Reader

A promise never broken.
Fem pronouns
Fluff + angst
Two endings
Alternate ending to Shad0w654 's Price oneshot "I Promise"
_________

How long has it been without you, John?

I cant remember anymore.

I dont know if its been years, seconds, minutes, days, hours...i dont know. I stopped counting after 1.

Do you know how much that promise meant to me?

I know you do and i couldnt hold it against you but now..

..now i found..you.

Pointing a barrel at me.

Your eyes staring at me, dauntingly.

I wish it were a dream.

But in reality, youre about to kill me.

Your barrel pressed against my chest, my lungs barely breathing when they saw your blue eyes.

They were once welcoming, loving, kind, compassionate...

..now their scanning my face, watching as my eyes flutter as i recognize just who you are.

"Captain.."

"Captain? Youre calling the enemy captain?" He scoffed.

His barrel seemed to almost slip away from my chest, but never the less, stayed put.

"John," my voice trembled.

How did i even get here? I wouldve been better off believing he was dead, and leaving the military, with that in tow.

He ambushed me, alone. I was alone. Biggest mistake of my life. Hell...the biggest mistake of my life was me not going with you on that mission.

"What did they do to you?" I whispered, feeling his grip waver on the barrel of his M4a1.

As stupid as i was, i poured my entire heart out. I was going to die anyway.

"I shouldve never let you go on that mission without me! You idiot!" I cried, distress still hitting me like a wave.

His eyes flickered from my pained expression, to his gun.

"You...i hate you. I hate you! I hate you!,"

"I dont know what youre talking about. Of course youre supposed to hate me, you muppet. Im the enemy."

He was persistent in his belief that he didnt know me. That he was the enemy.

"You Fucking IDIOT!" His gun slipped from his hands, as i tackled him down under some bushes, kicking away both his assault rifle and even throwing my own choice of weapons away.

"Dont you realize," he rolled us over, in an attempt to immobilize me.

"How much i loved you?!"

BANG!

"I. Dont. Know. You!" He insisted angrily.

He shot my shoulder with his pistol in his chest holster.

My eyes almost closed due to the sound, but instead i wearily kept them open. My good arm shakily traveled to my neck. Ripping off the silver locket that held a picture of us, embracing.

"H-Here. You want proof? Heres your..your proof..." tiredness was overcoming me, and i knew if i went to sleep, i would die. Weve been at this for long, if i dont get help soon, i might not make it.

-

I know you. Fuck-! My head-!

As if on cue, i got the worst headache i couldve ever imagined. I clutched my head, groaning loudly as the pain was much more than i had imagined.

Her-- i know-! I...i know you.

I'll be alright, i promise.

Nothing will happen to us, i promise.

"Please dont go."

"I'll be alright i promise."

I promise.

"I promised."

The girl- agh no. Y/....Y/N. The picture in the locket, soap took that picture...

"I promised id be alright."

Her eyes brimmed with even more tears.

"You idiot! Dont..you remember....me..?" Her words became more spaced out, when i realized i shot her in the shoulder. I immediately ripped off the russian badge from my uniform and ripped some more clothes off to tie the wound.

"I..i remember," i huffed.

"I promise itll all be okay. I promise, Y/N."

I ran over to where i suspected the rest of the team may be.

"Captain?" Soap asked, in disbelief.

"Soap, what kind of a name is that?" I chuckled, making him gasp under his breath.

"How did a muppet like me pass selection?" He cried.

"Get Nikolai, Y/Ns injured. And were going back to base."

I ran back to Y/N, and gave her hand a squeeze. Her eyes slanted just a bit more, as i tried to keep her awake. I clutched the necklaced together in our joined hand.

"I promise. I never break my promises."

- ALTERNATIVE ENDING (bad)

"I dont know who you are to me. My mission was to capture you-"

"Why? So they could do what they did to you...To me?!" I lashed out.

Im trying John, i know youre still in there. Im not going down without a fight.

I'd call for backup but i fear that theyd kill him.

BANG!

he shot me in my other arm, as i was reaching to tear off the locket from my neck. I hissed in pain, unable to use both of my arms now.

"But i guess i wont have the chance to bring you alive." He sneered. My heart jumped, knowing what he meant.

"I love you..you idiot.." i murmured.

A confused look washed on his face, but he took aim and fired at my head.

Everything went black in an instant.

As he was rummaging her body for items that could be useful, his eyes were locked on the necklace she was trying to grab.

"Whats this..?" He hummed, opening the locket.

Wait...

No.. wait! Wait!

Y/N?

Y/N?!

Apon realization, he staggered to his feet, and instead of walking off, he stumbled back onto his knees.

"Im so sorry."

He reloaded his pistol and aimed. This time, at his own forehead.

"I broke my promise."