ೃ⁀➷ xxiii. tradegy follows me

a/n: the theme that follows is related to death

a/n: the theme that follows is related to death. please read at your own risk. if you do not wish to continue on, this is a summary of what happens; 

- the greengrass family is together on a vacation
- it is a cruise vacation
- aunt athena makes everyone drink a sleep potion 
- she goes to ophelia's room and brings her to the other end of the boat
- the two of them jump out of the boat because artemis does not want ophelia to go through the pains the greengrass curse brings
- ophelia fights to go up when she sees artemis dead

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

[february 1968]

ophelia greengrass did not know what the word tragedy was. she was seven years old, why on earth would she? but the word always piqued her interest.

"oh, what a tragedy!" her mother cried out when she accidentally flushed one of her rings down the drain while washing her hand. she would look sad at the thought of the piece of jewerly going down the sewer, but would soon rejoice when mr greengrass would buy her another one.

"oh, what a tragedy," mr greengrass would say after reading the morning's newspaper. it would either be about muggle-borns being murdered or his favourite quidditch team loosing.

"oh, tragedy!" aunt artemis shouted as she shouted at the box called a 'television.' ophelia always dreaded going to aunt artemis' house. well, techinically, her father's house.

he was the only male child and thus deemed as the 'greengrass heir', he was meant to inherit the majority of the greengrass' properties. the greengrass manor was always meant to go to ophelia's father. but then he made the decision to move to scotland with his wife.

so he wanted to give the manor to his twin sister, but she stared at the piece of paper and walked out of the room with no other word. 'seems like aunt athena,' ophelia thought when her father told her this story. and apollo greengrass had no other choice but to give the manor to his youngest sister.

but no one in her family said the word 'tradegy' more than her aunt athena.

even then, however, ophelia still did not have a clue what that word meant.

the greengrass girl huffed as she tightened the grip on her mother's hand. she was short, only slightly taller than her mother's hip, and had to stretch her arm out to keep a hold of her mother. people bustled around them, family—like their's—were eager for their vacations.

but ophelia was far from eager. she wanted to be home. she wanted to be curled in her bed reading a book as her eyes became heavy. she wanted to have hot chocolate for breakfast, waffles for lunch and ice cream for dinner. just like any other summer.

this summer was meant to be different, however. this summer was going to be spent on a boat. a boat that was large enough to compete with the greengrass estate.