End of Camp Part 2/2

The last two events will test the mettle of everyone said the camp director. Let's open up the tickle trivia. First up is Lea from team Sharks. I got this she said with confidence. What is the capital of California? said the announcer. It's defintely Los Angeles. Wrong. Her feet was tickled and she was wearing nylon socks and it enhanced the tickle scene and she giggled. Now, Cory from the Lions, if you get this correct, you get her point. A wrong answer means you get tickled. It's Sacremento said Cory. good job said host Melinda. She is 30 years old from Mesa, California and only joined as staff in this camp 6 months ago during the routine training session.

Let's see if Pauline from team Tiger can help get them on the board. What is the city known as the city of brotherly love? I think the answer is Chicago. Aww no, it's not. She was in her underwear only and her bare right foot was tickled with a feather. She chuckled. It last 30 seconds. So, can Ralph from the Bears get the steal? said Melinda out loud. I want to lock in my answer as New Haven. Ooh, that is wrong. Get him tickled! A man walked up and tickled his right foot with a hair brush for 30 seconds. He laughed hard and wet himself.

That was a big disaster. Now time for another question. Lea, what is a touchdown worth in NFL? She smiled with confident and said it's 6 points + an additional 1 point chance via extra kick or additional 2 point chance by a run or throw into the end zone if successful. Correct yelled Melinda. That finally puts the Sharks on the board. Cory, this question is a tricky one so listen carefully. I'll do my best replied Cory. In 1980, which city in the USA hosted the winter games? I like to confirm that my answer is Lake  Placid. Correct and the Lions take a critical 2 points. This is it said Melinda. One more question right and Lions will win the challenge and take the main points. Pauline, this is your question. Who is the current president of the USA? I think my answer is going to be Joe Biden. Correcto said Melinda. One point for the Tigers. Now for the Bears. What is one ingredient found in Coke Cola? My affirmative answer is Sugar. That is right Ralph and the Bears is on the board with 1 point.

Lea, what the solid form of water called? I want to think it's ice and that is my final answer. Correct. Wow no tickling so far in these group questions unlike the round 1 questions but now the Lions can win this challenge if Cory answers this question right. How many fingers do you have? 8 he said. Yes you win it. The Lions surrounded him and lifted him in the air by his arms and legs and pulled him back down again.

Now we have another 30 minute intermission till the baseball event of the season and after this, the gold trophy will be awarded to one team based on numerous factors. Everyone hooted in celebration and in anticipation on what is going to happen next.

Let's find out the matches. First, the Sharks take on the Bears. Then Lions vs Tigers.

Game 1- The Sharks get a great effort from Tyler who struck out 10 batters. With production from Lea that had 3 hits including 2 home runs and 2 RBI's runs scored by Francis, the Sharks win 6-3. A late rally spawned by Nora's 3 run blast in the 8th was all they could muster in the Bears lost, but what an exciting game.

Game 2- The Lions take Game 2, in a 4-1 win. Andre got the Lions going with a opposite left field home run that cleared the  field and landed in a tree trunk. Then, Madison drove in 3 with a bases clearing triple to right field. The pitcher, Franklin struck out 5 but also had help from his team in fielding including a spectaular diving catch in left center field by Laurean that prevented runs from scoring after the Tigers loaded the bases with 2 outs. In the 9th inning, Wilcox hit a bomb home run that made things interesting. Lincoln's triple seemed to have momentum but it was all in vain as it was squashed by 2 straight strike outs.

Final Game- The Sharks got a huge hit by King that scored 3 runs and the score was 5-2 at that point. Then, in a shocking 9th inning, Courtney tied the game with a 3 run blast to right that sent the game into extra innings. In the top of the 12th inning, the Sharks got 3 runs on the back of Tyler's 3 run homer to center. The final score is Sharks 8 and the Lions 7. Andre's 2 run double was not enough but it was a great matchup in the championship match.

With these results, the Sharks win the gold cup. The trophy was passed to them by Billy the camp's senior president and camp owner Newton. What a great 20 days it was at Camp Tickle. Friendships was made, Lots of laughter was heard through pranks, during events, and in All Camp Fun. Get ready for 2023 as it will return. Everyone had lasting memories they can take back with them to campus. Next year, an additional 5th team will be included. Instead of baseball, a new game of American Football will be played. Instead of Tickle Trivia, they will be a tickle dungeon game. Let's hope we continue this next year with even more laughter and joy.

The End