Ch. 37 Liam

Chapter 37

"Are you ready?" Liam asked as the limo pulled up in front of a dark building. We were parked in the back in case a few straggling fans caught sight of Liam.

"Yeah, of course it's just me and you tonight." I say with a laugh, even though I'm heart broken that I can't be with Niall or my friends.
"Nick and Natalie said they were going to meet up with us later, so your friends will be here." He seemed annoyed.

"Sounds fun. Are there going to be more famous people here?" My stomach is in knots.
"No." But I saw that smirk.

We stepped out and a tall guard opened up a black door for us to enter the club. The lights were shining throughout the entire club and the music was blasting. The bass looked like it was making the walls shake. Liam grabbed my arm and led me to the entrance of the dance floor. When we reached the crowd of jumping adults, I noticed two familiar faces.

"Ashton?! Rachel?!" I screamed but they didn't even stop. Rachel was practically on top of Ashton and his hands were slowly sliding down her back. I rolled my eyes and looked at Liam who was laughing hysterically.

"You think this is funny?" I crossed my arms and leaned back.
"What?!" He shouted back to me.
"I said, YOU THINK THIS IS FUNNY?!" I screamed even louder but the look on his face told me he didn't hear anything.

I let go of his arm and rushed over to Rachel. Ashton stopped and backed up but gave me warm smile.
"We need to talk." I ordered and grabbed her wrist. She told Ashton to wait but he joined Liam by the bar. I pulled her off to the side where it was quiet.

"Tell me what the hell is going on." I instructed.
"Alright. I know Harry and Louis are supposed to be together. He told me the first night we met. I always knew it. When Modest heard about us "being together" they jumped at the thought of having Harry and a girl together. I was a beard. Like Eleanor. She always knew too. It was no surprise, even if it made it seem like she was shocked when they broke up. It was all for the press. She shrugged like its not a big deal. My mouth is on the ground and I can't even think about everything that has happened between them these past months.
"Ever since Harry introduced me to Ashton, we talked and have been kind of together for a couple weeks." She adds.
"How?! We met them like yesterday?!" I'm furious.
"No, Harry was on Skype with him one day and I walked in. Ever since then, I've known them."

Has this whole thing been a lie? Everyone has been lying to me? What if Perrie is a beard too? What if... I'm a beard? No Niall loves me, right?

"I can't believe this." I storm off to the bar and take a seat away from Liam and Ashton. I lean my elbows on the counter and watch as the bar tender approaches me.
"Would you like something?" He asks.
"Make me anything." I don't care right now. My head is already spinning and alcohol won't make any difference.
"I'll give you an Empire State." He smirks and grabs a few bottles of red and blue liquids from the bar. The only thing I recognize is vodka. He hands me the bubbling mixture and I take a sip. The tingling bubbles enter my mouth and glides down my throat. It tastes really good. I feel a hand on my shoulder and look up to see the one and only... Wesley.

"Oh god." I sink down and cover my head with my hands.
"What's wrong? Not happy to see me?" He smiles but I look up at him in disgust.
"Actually not really." I answer truthfully.
"What's wrong? What happened?" He takes a seat next to me and I dread talking to him at all.
"Can I have another one of those?" I point to my empty glass and prepare myself to tell Wes the story.

--------

By now I've had at least 6 of the Empire States and my vision is starting to blur. I finished explaining everything to Wes and realized I hadn't talked to Liam at all. Wes left to go to the bathroom and this was my chance to talk to Liam about all of this.