Ch. 20 Figuring it out

Chapter 20

I decided to cool off and walk out into the hallway. Suddenly Zayn came out too with his phone in his hand.  

"It's for you." He said holding it out.

"Hello?"  

"It's Liz. What the hell was that?" 

"It wasn't my fault. I didn't know anyone was going to be there. I'm sorry. Please just don't take it out on Niall. He didn't do anything." I pleaded. 

"This is perfect." 

"How?" I asked truly confused. 

"The paps think you are Liam's girlfriend. You can just act like you are and everything will be ok. That way management won't get mad and nobody will suspect that you and Niall are dating." 

"Why can't I be with Niall? What's the big deal?" I asked. 

"Because. Harry and Niall are the only two that are single and we want to keep the fans thinking that to buy more merchandise." She said. 

"Excuse me? You won't let us be happy because you want the fans to buy more merchandise!" I yelled into the phone. 

"Obviously. Now don't get mad..." She paused. 

"EMILY! My fucking name is Emily you stupid cow!" I screamed. 

"Emily. I'm sorry. Just pretend to be Liam's girlfriend for awhile. Things will get different soon." She said calmly. 

"But what about this other girlfriend for Niall that you hired? Doesn't that mean he's not single?" I questioned. 

"We will bring her up when we need her. If girls find out he's not single, then they will get upset and go buy more Niall stuff. It's quite a science actually. Goodbye Emily. Management will be in touch." She said before hanging up. 

"Damn it." I whispered as I gave the phone back to Zayn who looked completely shocked.

"What's happening?" He asked. 

"Zayn, it's vas happenin? Get it right." I kept a serious face but he started laughing. 

"I have to pretend to be Liam's girlfriend for some reason. She wasn't making any sense on the phone. How am I going to tell Niall?" I asked him with tears brimming my eyes. 

"If he truly loves you, he will understand. He loves the band and he would do anything for us but if he loves you then he won't mind. You're beautiful eyes will definitely win him over." Zayn said as he jokingly pushing my shoulder back. 

"You liiiiike me. You wanna daaaaate me!" I sang as I crept closer to him. 

"Yeah right. I'm too in love with Perrie." He winked. 

"You're so cute Zen!" I said grabbing and pinching his cheeks. 

"Stop! That hurts!" He said pulling away and rubbing his cheek. 

I laughed then he laughed causing people from down the hall to stare at us. 

"I actually have something to talk to you about." He said looking serious. 

"What is it?"  

"I have this," he said as he pulled a small box from his back pocket. 

"Zayn!" I gasped. 

"Yeh. Do you think she'll like it?" He said with an adorable nervous smile. I opened the box and saw a beautiful diamond with smaller ones around the square cut stone. It was truly gorgeous.