Ch. 18 "I'm Amanda. This is Marie."

Chapter 18

The sun was barely showing itself over the horizon of the water. I opened my eyes from the brightness and covered them with my hand, squinting to avoid blindness. I turned over and saw that I was locked in Niall's arms. He was still wearing his sunglasses. He let out a quiet snore and I almost laughed. I gently unwrapped his arm from my waist, making him stir in his sleep. It was kinda chilly so I grabbed another blanket and set it on him.

I stood on the blankets and looked around for my phone. I searched through the towels and blankets but couldn't find it. I quickly stepped to the bags and found it in a pocket. I checked for any messages from my parents. There were three.

From: Mom 

We are staying until Monday night. Coming home Tuesday! Love you!

From: Dad 

Where are you. We called the house. Pick up your phone.

From: Mom 

Call me soon. Love you.

I texted my mom back telling her where we were and everything. I still hadn't told her about me meeting One Direction. She would probably flip out. She didn't respond at all, I figured she was sleeping. I checked the time. 6:43 am. I don't think I've ever gotten up this early.

I realized I needed to use the bathroom so I walked over to the outhouse, yawning all the way there. As I approached it, Natalie stepped out, on her phone. 

"Whoa!" She said bumping into me. 

"You're up?!" I loudly whispered. 

"Couldn't fall back asleep." She said with a yawn. 

"Ok hold on." I said before rushing into the outhouse.

After I was finished I stepped out and saw Natalie crossing her arms, leaning against the side. 

"Let's to get some breakfast for everyone." I suggested. 

"Sounds good to me." Natalie agreed.

I ran back to the blankets and grabbed my purse. Niall still had his sunglasses on and I heard a faint snore again, signaling that he was still asleep. I leaned down to him and quickly connected our lips. I was surprised to notice two arms wrap around my and pull me closer. He was awake! I felt our lips move in sync with each other as he pulled me closer to him. I let go and laid closely to his head.  

"Couldn't resist me?" He smirked. I pulled his sunglasses off and saw his morning eyes. They were a bit red from the tiredness. I kissed his nose and stood up.  

"We are going to get breakfast. We will be back soon. Love you." I said as I turned and walked away. 

"Love you too." He said before turning over and pulling the blankets above his head.

I grabbed Natalie's arm and led her to the car. She slid in the front seat and I did the same, putting the key in the ignition. I started the car and pulled out onto the road. I put the top down and let the wind blow through my hair. I popped on my sunglasses and turned the radio on low.

"So what happened with you and Nick?" I said as we pulled onto the main road. 

"What do you mean?" She asked sarcastically. 

"You know exactly what I mean." I smiled. 

"Hahaha. He just told me how much he cared about me and that he had wanted to kiss me for so long!" She said looking to the side. I smiled because I knew this was all true. He told me for years about how much he loved Natalie.