Ch. 26 Crying

*listen to Irresistible by 1D while you read. Ugh the feels.*

Chapter 26

I made it home and met my family inside. They were all sitting at the kitchen table asking Derrek about his classes. When I walked in, everyone turned towards me and smiled.

"Niall is lovely." My mom said with a genuine smile.

"You think so?" I asked excitedly.

"We all do." Carl added.

"I'm so happy." I said as I walked over and hugged my mom.

"But..." She said releasing me.

"Oh no." I sighed and sat on Derrek's lap.

"Hey!" He yelled as I plopped down.

"What?"

"Who said you can sit on me?"

"Me." I said mocking him from earlier.

"But..." My mother began, "we don't know if you two should date yet."

These words hit me like a brick to the face. I sat up and looked wide eyed at her.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Do you really know how it is to date a famous person? All the things that will get said about you? I remember you always telling me about all the nasty things that the other girlfriends of Liam and Louis, I think, had to go through. I don't want my baby to go through any of that. Either of my baby girls." She explained.

"Mom, I can handle it. I'm tough. And nothing has been said about me yet. Niall and I want to keep it a secret that we are dating for now." I said as I stood up.

"Don't you think there is a reason for that? He probably doesn't want you getting hurt so he doesn't want to tell people about you yet. I just don't see how this is something good for you." She said trying to grab my hands. I pulled them away and put them behind my back.

"Mom, you really can't tell me what to do. I'm 17 and I'm an adult."

"You're not 18 yet." She said quickly.

"In one month I will be." I snapped back.

"I don't want you to go out with him." Her cheeks started turning pink.

"I will if I want to. You can't tell me what to do. He's the guy I've been dreaming about ever since I watched him audition on X Factor."

"Exactly. Since X Factor. Are you in love with Niall Horan from before xfactor or Niall Horan from One Direction?" She questioned.

"I never told you I loved him."

"I can tell that you do. I can tell that he loves you when he looks at you. But answer my question Emily." She insisted.

"I'm in love with Niall Horan. The Niall Horan that lived in Ireland. The Niall Horan that sang his heart out to try and impress 3 judges. The Niall Horan that posts the random things on twitter, the Niall Horan that loves his family more than anything and the Niall Horan that treats me like a princess." I said before running upstairs into my room. I slammed the door and locked it.

I threw myself on my bed and laid face down on my pillows and let my tears fall from my eyes. I smiled when I noticed my pillows still smelled like Niall's cologne. I laid down facing my closet, closed my eyes and imagined Niall laying next to me. I saw his blonde hair and ocean blue eyes smiling back at me. His gaze was so passionate and loving that I started to cry more. I opened my eyes and realized that my bed was empty next to me.