Part 9- Movie Night

Chat snuggled into the fluffy pink blanket, pulling it tight around him as Marinette settled next to him with a large bowl of popcorn in her lap. He was practically bouncing in place, "I'm so glad you suggested a movie night purrincess. This is purrfection. It's exactly what I needed."

"I'm glad I could help." She told him with a smile, grabbing the remote and hitting start. The opening credits played and she asked him again, "And you are sure you are okay with this one? We can pick something else."

He shook his head instantly, "Not a chance. You picked it." He started to smirk, "I'm fur sure it will be great."

Marinette rolled her eyes with a small groan, but smiled to herself as Chat laughed.

They heard the familiar tune of the movie starting, and the entire house went dark.

They only stayed quiet for a second before Chat wailed, "NOO, the movie! Why me!?" He fell over dramatically, pulling the fluffy pink blanket over his head to try and hide from the world.

Marinette shook her head, holding back her laugh, "I'm sorry Kitty, let me see what's going on." She got up and peered out of her window. It looks like the power is out all across Paris. Her father poked his head into her room, his phone flashlight on in his hand, "Kids, you all right?"

They both nodded, Marinette asking right away, "Do you know what happened?"

Tom shook his head, "Not yet. Mama is on the phone trying to figure it out."

"Tom! The power will be out until morning! I'm going to light a few candles around the house. Does Marinette need any?" Sabine called from downstairs.

Marinette told her father, "I have a few up here, we'll be okay."

Tom nodded, "All right, if you kids need anything let us know. Sorry about movie night Chat Noir."

Chat tried to smile, "It's all right. Just my luck I guess."

"We'll figure it out. Thanks Papa." Marinette said with a smile.

Her father went back downstairs, and Marinette lit a few candles, placing them on her desk. He couldn't help but smile, the candles gave a soft, comforting glow to the room. He asked as she placed the last candle down, "So, what are we going to do now purrincess?"

She gingerly placed a hand on her sketchbook, a shy smile on her face, "Why don't I tell you a story? I can be your movie."

Chat's eyes lit up, "Do you have a story in mind?"

She nodded, sitting cross-legged on the ground in front of him, "Get comfy Kitty."

He settled back into place, pulling the bowl of popcorn into his lap and asking her, "What kind of story are you going to tell?"

She pulled her favorite black cat pillow into her lap, smiling as she hugged it, "A love story."

He said it intrigued, "Ooooh, I can't wait."

Marinette cleared her throat and started, "Once upon a time,"

Chat smirked, "I bet I've seen this one before."

She narrowed her eyes, telling him sternly, "Shh, no talking during the movie."

He laughed but nodded, grabbing a handful of popcorn and going quiet, staring at her in bright excitement. She started again, "Once upon a time, in a land far away from here, lived a great and powerful King. This King was known throughout the world for his valuable trades," she held up a finger, "but he was a mystery. The King rarely left his castle for a reason lost to time."