Part 28-Hospital Visits

Chat Noir smiled to himself as he stealthily moved down the dimly lit hallway. He only had one more stop to make. His grip tightened on the stuffed giraffe in his arm as he peeked into the last room.

He slipped inside, seeing the cute little dark haired girl fast asleep. He placed the stuffed giraffe in the crook of her arm, his heart filling with joy as she instantly pulled it closer in her sleep. He whispered it to the giraffe softly, "Take care of her okay?" He patted the giraffe on the head, pulled the blanket up around the little girl a little more, and then made his exit as quickly as he had come.

The second he dropped his transformation back in his room, Plagg told him again, "You are doing a really good thing here Kitten, but if you don't stop you are going to get caught."

"No one has caught me yet Plagg. It's one trip every two weeks. No one is going to link the stuffed animals back to Chat Noir." Adrien said, not the least bit worried as he pulled his shirt over his head and fell face first into bed.

Plagg flew up next to him, patting his cheek, "You have a big heart Kitten. All I'm saying is, be careful."

Adrien turned his head and smiled, patting Plagg on the top of his head the same way he had to the stuffed lion, "I will be. Let's get some sleep."

...

"I'm telling you, something is going on at that hospital." Adrien heard Alya saying sternly from outside the classroom door.

He walked into the room, seeing Marinette shaking her head, "Maybe it's one of the nurses who just doesn't want to come forward. Or one of the doctors."

Alya crossed her arms, "It's been happening every two weeks like clockwork! All of the nurses and doctors have said they have no idea who is doing it or how. They end their shift, the kids all go to sleep, and the next morning, BAM," Alya exclaimed, "all of the kids have a stuffed animal."

Nino hummed, "It is a little weird. I mean, you have to give props to whoever is doing it, but Marinette's right, maybe they aren't doing it to get attention."

Adrien walked over to them, asking a little worried, "Hey, what's going on?"

Alya's eyes lit up as she pointed at him, "Sunshine!"

He felt his body stiffen, "Y-Yes?"

Alya grinned, "You've heard the rumors blowing up online about what's been happening at the children's wing at Memorial hospital right?"

"You mean the rumors on TweetIt about the magically appearing stuffed animals right?" He said casually, taking his seat and giving Nino a silent fist bump in greeting.

"The very same." Alya said, sounding happy that he knew about it, "It happened again. This morning a nurse from the hospital, who had been on the night shift, posted on TweetIt this morning that the Stuffed Animal Giver had struck again."

"Is that right?" He somehow managed to get out calmly, "So, what's the big deal?"

"Aren't you the least bit curious about who's doing it?!" Alya asked loudly, Marinette and Nino both shaking their heads.

He told her the truth, "Honestly, not really."

Alya groaned, burying her face in her arms, "Ugh, I hate all of you."

Marinette patted Alya's shoulder, "There, there. We know you like to solve a good mystery, but don't you think that if they wanted the attention, they'd let people know it? Whoever it is, is doing it to make the kids happy about having to be in the hospital in the first place. They are doing it with kindness and compassion, and love in their heart. Whoever it is, they are an amazing person, and if they don't want that attention on them, then that's okay. We should respect that."