Part 25- Minion Marinette

Adrien walked into school with a smile, feeling that small rush of freedom fill him up. He could actually relax a little without anyone judging him. Well, no more than the everyday judgment of teenagers at least.

He saw Nino and Alya talking to Ivan and Mylene, and instantly headed in their direction. "Good morning guys."

"Good morning Sunshine!" Alya said happily.

Nino held up his fist for their usual morning ritual, "Sup bro." He fist bumped Nino as Ivan and Mylene told him good morning.

"Did everyone have a good weekend?" Adrien asked.

Ivan nodded, "We missed you at band practice though."

He felt his shoulder's slump, "Sorry, I had a photoshoot this weekend, and a fencing tournament. I couldn't get away."

"It's no problem Adrien." Mylene tried to reassure him.

Alya told him happily, "You are never going to guess what I saw."

He was almost afraid to ask, "What did you see Alya?"

"Hi everyone!"

He turned around and saw Lila walking towards them. He cringed as she got too close, taking a small step closer to Nino away from her. Everyone gave her happy good mornings before she turned her eyes on him, "Congratulations on your win at the fencing tournament. I wish I could have stayed for the medal ceremony, but Prince Ali was calling about our humanitarian project."

"Congrats dude." Nino told him, lightly punching his shoulder.

"Thanks Nino. You were there Lila? I don't remember seeing you." He said carefully. She didn't look the least bit worried, "Your last win was five points to your opponents 2, at under a minute from the three minute limit. It was quite the sight."

He frowned, he couldn't argue with that. That's exactly how he'd won.

"I'm sorry I didn't see you in the audience." He said, trying to keep his voice passive.

"No, don't worry. I went to cheer you on, not for you to notice me." Lila said sweetly.

"Lila!"

His head whipped around at the familiar voice, never hearing her sound so happy saying Lila's name. Marinette nearly skidded to a stop next to Lila, breathing heavily as she put her hands on her knees. "I'm so sorry. I just barely finished but it's done!"

Marinette had a bright smile on her face as she dug into her bag, pulling out a wrapped gift. Lila took it with a sweet smile, "Oh Marinette, you didn't have to do this!"

Marinette sounded extremely happy, waving Lila off in a friendly gesture, "No it was no problem!"

He grabbed her wrist instinctively, scowling as he saw her hands, "Marinette what happened!" Her fingers were all wrapped up in various places, and there were bandages wrapped around each of her palms.

Marinette quickly pulled her hand out of his, saying it sternly, "You can't just grab people like that Adrien, it's rude!"

His eyes widened at the harshness of her tone, but his weren't the only ones. Everyone was staring at Marinette in shock, while Lila looked absolutely giddy.

"Dudette?" Nino asked simply, worried by her reaction.

Marinette glanced at Nino, her eyes widening as she looked back at him quickly, "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry Adrien I, I don't know where that came from!"

He tried to smile at her, "It's okay Marinette. I shouldn't have grabbed you like that, but are you okay? What happened to your hands?"

"Oh I made Lila a dress last night." Marinette explained simply, looking away from him.