ー 7 ー

"how long are you willing to wait?" sunoo asked him. the two had sat on the bleachers. jungwon held onto the seat as his backpack hung on his right shoulder.

"a reasonable amount of time, ive got no homework and the studio isn't open today" sunoo nodded in understanding.

"so who's your crush?" jungwon bumped his shoulder with a little giggle.
sunoo blushed and giggled.

"that guy" sunoo pointed to a single guy, he was tall with black hair and piercings on his left eyebrow.

"he looks nice" jungwon shrugged.

"wow! you actually approve of this crush. he must be a keeper!" sunoo said excited.

"i havent met him yet, take him to lunch with us next time!"

"alright" sunoo nodded and gave jungwon a thumbs up.
"what about your crush?"

"watanabe haruto"

♡○♡

jay turned to look at the two boys sat on the bleachers.

"park! focus!" ironically park jisung yelled to him.

"alright parkji!"

it was about an hour later when practice finally finished. the guys went to shower. they dressed in casual clothes. it was only after practice that anyone would see jay in sweats and a random t shirt.

"some kid named jungwon is looking for you, jay" jay looked up in the glory of his messy wet hair and nodded. he hid his excitement.

"thanks, nic" he told the boy nicholas before grabbing his backpack and duffel bag and leaving.

"no problem"

he walked out to see the said jungwon being lit by the sunset as he waited.

"jake said you were gonna take me home" jungwon told him as they began walking.

"yeah.." he wasn't informed about any of this.

they walked to jay's car which it didn't surprise jungwon to see an expensive newly released car. they got in and started driving.

♡○♡

after an awkward yet somehow sweet ride, they arrived at jungwon's apartment.

"thanks for the ride, I'll buy you some coffee when you need it!" jungwon said politely thanking the older boy.

"alright, stay safe" jay gave him a half smile before waving goodbye.

"you too" they waved goodbye before jay watched the younger boy enter his house.

jungwon realized when he got home that he actually enjoyed jay's company. he wouldn't dare ask someone to some coffee, maybe except haruto.

it was nothing, just jungwon going back to his 6th grade self.

♡○♡

"good morning!" an 11 year old jungwon said to his classmates. they smiled back at him and waved. how he loved that excitement of meeting new people. how he loved the feeling of being liked by everyone.

later that day he met a 7th grader named kim sunoo and his friend riki who was in 6th grade too.

"you guys wanna be my friends?" he asked them as they sat together at lunch.

"of course! your new name is wonie!"

"what about me?" a young riki asked the oldest of the trio.

"you're niki!"

"and you're ddeonu!" riki yelled happily.

since then the mighty trio hung out all they could. that was until high school. they all got too busy and well jungwon became like this. he wasn't unlikable or antisocial. he was more reserved and in a way more afraid of people.

♡○♡

that night he slept comfortably. he no longer felt that empty hole that haruto had left.