ー 9 ー

"hey, im back" jungwon smiled at him. jay tried his best to be happy but he couldn't. however, he still smiled back.

"hi, ready to go back home?"

"yeah..."

♡○♡

he was happy that he got to kiss haruto at least once, yet he felt that he wasn't the one.

he sighed before leaving the airport. he walked with his hands in his pockets and many thoughts in his head. finally he got into the car with jay.

"aren't you sad your boyfriend's leaving?" jay asked.

"not my boyfriend, and yes i am. but things happen for a reason" jay nodded in understanding. he waited for jungwon to put in the aux before going.

"jay, can i stay at your place tonight?"

"uh yeah" this was the first time jungwon had ever said something like this. he was pleasantly surprised.

"thank you" he smiled before putting on the music. jay drove.

♡_<

it was morning again, the two boys lay side by side. jungwon moved in his sleep as he lay in jay's arms. a comfort place of his.

it had been a long week. although by the time haruto had been told to move back to japan the two boys weren't much of friends, somehow the whole thing still made jungwon feel as if he was a puzzle with a missing piece. he wondered if he'd ever find it.

♡○♡

"won, what's on your mind?"

"nothing much" the said boy rested his chin on his hand in an idle manner.
he hated this feeling.

"when you're ready, you can tell me" jay said standing from his place at jungwon's kitchen table.
"ive gotta go, my parents said they have big news"

"alright, call me later. hmm?" he said to the older boy as he smiled. jay was the only thing keeping him from having a breakdown. much like a lifeline.

"sure" jay grabbed his letterman jacket before leaving.

jungwon was left feeling empty, once again.

^_♡

sorry for being gone for so long. i kinda ran out of brain storage to come up with an ending for this era of jungwon in kefi. please recommend some 1800s era books. doesn't matter whether they're queer or cishet:)

signing out, NICO.