•Eight•

I have loved you since we were 18

Long before we both thought the same thing

To be loved and to be in love

I swipe the screen to stop my alarm and get out of bed.

First day of junior year. Yay!

Groaning, I get out of bed and lazily get changed. I wear a pair of jeans and a tank top. I put on my converse and whip my hair up into a high ponytail.

I grab my bag and walk downstairs. I snatch a piece of bacon from Michael's plate and he flips me off.

I look up at the time and notice that the girls would be here shortly, so I just take a granola and eat it up quickly.

Rushing upstairs, I brush my teeth and add a bit of mascara and lip gloss on. I grab my phone and earphones then run down the stairs.

I say goodbye to everyone as I walk outside. I text Sky tell her that I'm ready.

She texts back saying that she'll be here in a few. I lean against the wall and go through my social media apps. I look up and see a cherry red car pull up near my house.

I walk down the pathway and hop into it, sitting next to Cassie.

"Hey. Nice car Sky"

She looks at me through the review mirror and smiles. "Thanks Jess"

It only took about ten minutes and we were at the gate. I sling my bag over my shoulder, feeling a bit nervous.

We get our schedule and locker numbers then we go find the boys.

"Okay, I just texted Josh and they're right outside Lab 2" Clove tells us. We all nod and walk to the destination.

I see Josh and Dylan leaning against a wall, talking to one another with their backs facing us. I take this opertunity to scare the two. I creep up behind the two and push them slightly'

"Boo!" I scream, making them jump a bit.

"What the fuck?! Jess? Cassie?" Both of their mouth drops open and we hug them both.

"Surprise" I chuckle and we let go of our embrace.

"What...?"

"Is this why you wouldn't tell me what school you were going to?" Josh asks and I nod with a smile.

"School is going to get so much better with all of us here" Dylan says as he hugs the other two.

After chatting a bit more, we compare our schedules. Today I have Science, English, Technology, Maths and History.

I find out that Josh and I have most of the same classes and that Cassie takes advanced classes. I never knew she was that smart.

The bell rings and everyone walks to their own class. Except Josh and I, we stay right here for Science.

"Oh my god! Jess, what are you doing here?" A here a high squeaky voice asks behind us.

Oh, ah... Hey Tiff" I wave awkwardly as she clings onto Josh's arm.

"Well, this is a surprise" She smiles. "I hope to be seeing you soon" She sends a wink to Josh and pecks his cheek.

God she's so annoying.

She walks the other direction, leaving Josh in a bit dazed.

"Well..."

I then blurt out, "So, are you and Tiffany...?" I regret everything right now.

"Oh, um... no...?" He quickly replies, making it sound more if a question. I nod slowly and the teacher let's us in.

"Okay everyone, it looks like we have a new student" She starts. "So, Jessica Mason would you please stand up and introduce yourself"

I glance over at Josh as I slowly stand. "Um, hi" I give a small smile to the class and they all wave. I sit back down again and open my textbook as told too.

~Lunch~

It was finally lunch and I was starving. I grab my food and sit with the others. I see Tiffany walk over to us and I suddenly lose my appetite.

What do I actually have against her anyways?

Maybe it's the fact that she's always with Josh and you're jealous.

Shut up! I'm not jealous! Josh can date who ever the fuck he wants.

I'm going to stop talking to myself now...

"Hey you guys" She smirks at me as she slides next to Josh.

Okay, maybe I am a bit jealous.

"Hey Tiff" Sky and Clove give each other weird glances as they shift awkwardly in their seats.

Huh. I wonder what that's all about.

The whole of lunch consists of Tiffany flirting with Josh and me trying not to explode. Her high pitched giggle rings in my ears and I just sit there, picking my food. No one really said anything for the last five minutes and Cassie keeps sending me sympathetic looks. I just smile weakly and look down.

The bell finally rings and I shoot up from my seat. I grab my tray and rush to the bin. Quickly walk out the door and hear some footsteps coming from behind me.

"Jess? Are you okay?" A concerned Clover asks, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"I'm fine. I just need to vent"

"Is it because of Josh?" She suddenly asks, catching off guard.

"How did-"

"Oh, it's totally obvious" She smiles. "Anyways, are you sure you're okay?" I give her a nod with a forced smile.

"Okay then. C'mon, let's head to Maths"

I nod once again and walk by her side to our next class.