07. Patronuses

A/N : yes my patronus is a rhinoceros as you can tell 😭

The cold air in the girl's dorm made Y/N pulled her bed cover desperately to keep her warm. It was early in the morning, almost everyone in the dorm were still in bed.

She heard water running, so she guessed Lily's in the bathroom since her bed was empty. Y/N looked over her pillow to see the clock, It's 6:27. She went to the bathroom, turned on the shower and put on her uniform after, before walking down to the great hall for breakfast.

☽♡♢♤♧☾

"Morning class, today we're learning about the patronus charm. In order to cast it, you have to say the incantation 'expecto patronum' while thinking about your happiest memory."

"If you succeed at doing it, your patronus will be shaped into an animal, a full bodied patronus —or corporeal as one would say. Let's get to practice! Remember this is advance stuff, don't push yourself too hard."

The class started to cast the spells but nobody has succeeded yet. Y/N tried to cast it a couple of times but it never worked. "I can't seem to find a happy memory!" she fussed to Lily.

"Me too, let's try again, yeah?" she replied looking determined.

"Expecto Patronum!" Lily yelled. The tip of her wand produced a wisp and it quickly turned into a shape of a Doe.

"Woah" Lily sighed but then she blushed as there were students around, gaping at her patronus. Y/N smiled brightly at her.

"Prongs, you and Lily have matching patronuses!" Sirius shouted at James' ear.

James smirked at Lily, making her turned red.

The class broke into another fits of expecto patronums. Some students started to succeed in casting them. Y/N tried to dig her brain on her happiest memories...

Her holidays in Tokyo, Japan....spending Christmas with her family....going inside Newt's briefcase for the first time.....Theodore falling down a broom....a thought came.

She smiled and closed her eyes —thinking of it.

"Expecto Patronum!" a beautiful arctic fox formed from the tip of her wand. She has the biggest smile ever.

"I did it!" she jumped happily attacking Lily and Marlene.

"Yes you did!" the two cheered at their friend's excitement.

In the back of the room, Remus admire her from afar. Her patronus joined Lily's and his eyes seemed to be locked on the arctic fox.

☽♡♢♤♧☾

Y/N was reading in the library silently alone when she heard the chair in front of her squeaked. She looked up from the paper to saw Remus, smiling longingly at her.

"Hey, I decided to come here since Prongs and Padfoot wouldn't stop bugging me," he said looking tired and irritated.

"Oh that's alright, you can sit down," said she —not wanting to irritate him more.

The both of them sat in silence. Y/N noticed how Remus would frowned and scrunched up his nose uncomfortably once in a while.

He also looked sick, extremely pale. Y/N offered him some chocolate from her bag and he accepted it gracefully.

"I'm sorry, I have to go," he quickly ran out; leaving her in the dimly lit library. She looked out the window to saw an almost full moon, glowering down at her.

She has made several theories in her head about why he'd be gone every month. The girl added up the dates and to her surprise; it's always a full moon.

Besides that, after his disappearances, he would look extremely sick, tired, and pale. She noticed his mood swings sometimes, though he was still very kind and hide his anger from rising.

Y/N thought that he might be a werewolf. But she wasn't sure since in the books, werewolves are known to be aggressive.

He doesn't have hairy palms; he doesn't crave for raw meat; but, he does have scars that never heals.

She cringed at the thought of his bone snapping and cracking every month. She wanted to ask, but she decided to wait for him to tell her.