12. Learning Illicitly

The students were pilling their plates with food as they chatted excitedly

The students were pilling their plates with food as they chatted excitedly. Winter —Y/N's owl— flew down and dropped a letter —there's also a package within.

Y/N chopped out some fish for her owl. She opened the letter to saw that it was from her mother.

Dearest Y/N,

Hello, I'm glad everything is well at school. Me and Newt are doing great as well. The package I sent is the book about animagus that you've asked for. It is full of informations about them, I don't know why you need it, but I guess you're curious about them. I am too.

Please tell Remus Lupin that me and Newt are happy for you both. I hope you two will work out. Tell Remus Lupin that he's welcome if he wants to stay in our house for the summer.

That's all for now,
Lots of love
- your mum, Tina S

Y/N turned to Remus, "How did my mum know about us? I haven't told him yet," she frowned, "did you write to him?"

"No, I didn't. I'm way too terrified to write a letter to the Tina Scamander," Remus joked.

"Theodore," she muttered grimly; her eyes scanning the Hufflepuff table.

Lily decided to speak: "Hey, at least you don't have to go through the pain of writing about a boy to your parents,"

"No, it's not about that," Y/N fussed "God knows what Theo's mastermind wrote about Remus," she started to panic.

Remus hold the letter and scanned the paper for his name, "By the looks of it, I think your parents aren't mad or anything"

Y/N quickly snatched the paper out of his hand, "Did you read all that?" she desperately hope he didn't because if he did, the animagi surprise will not be a surprise anymore.

"No, why?" Remus asked absentmindedly.

"Nothing"

"Seriously Y/N, we just dated for a day and you're already hiding stuff from me," he said playfully while chuckling.

Y/N felt her heart sinking —she hates lying to Remus.

"It's okay, I'm sorry for reading," he said "I completely respect your privacy," Remus kissed the side of her head affectionately.

She smiled at him then tore open the package carefully, revealing a book: 'The Secrets & Existence of Animagus'. A glint was spread across her eyes.

"James, Sirius, Peter, I'm starting it today," she announced.

"We'll help you, Y/N," James snatched the book from Y/N's hand and stare at it blankly. "Damn, when we turned into that we had to read off of a musty book"

Sirius examine the book too and pulled it from James' grip swiftly.

"Don't rip it! I only have one"

"Prongs and Padfoot fighting over a book? that's a rare occasion," Remus said with his head on Y/N's shoulder.

Sirius quickly covered the book title with his palms. "You'll know why eventually," he said smugly and winked at Remus as he eyed Y/N.

Remus looked up to Y/N; but she just shook her head, smiling at him.

A/N : double update :)