23. Home at Last

The car stopped its track as a cozy warm looking home appeared before them

The car stopped its track as a cozy warm looking home appeared before them. Y/N felt a rush of nostalgia blew over her.

"We're here!" Tina hit the breaks.

Y/N inhaled deeply as she opened the front gates —'tis wonderful to be back home— "Lily, let's come inside," she pulled her by her arms.

Lily looked around the house. It was beautiful and quite large for only a family of four.

Plants and little creatures roaming around dreamily. The Scamanders' ancestors are known as a great line Hufflepuffs (not all of course) so there are yellow ornaments here and there. There were pictures in frames of Y/N and her family.

"This is amazing," Lily sighed as a bright pink pixie jumped to her shoulder.

"Y/N, show Lily where she'll be staying at," Tina spoke and began pouring the plants enchanted waters.

"C'mon follow me," Y/N walked up the stairs. The two of them arrived at the room Lily will sleep at. "You could began unpacking your trunks. I'll unpack mine and we'll meet at the living room so I could show you around," she smiled brightly.

"Y/N, your house is magical! I can't wait to spend my summer here," Lily expressed dreamily. "Well, you have to deal with me being extremely amazed by everything because I've lived in a muggle house for my whole life."

Y/N chuckled at her friend's reaction. It is true, she loved her home. Every part of it. Not to mention, her days are entertained by those creatures roaming inside the house and creatures outside.

☽♡♢♤♧☾

"I love this place already," Lily stated as she and Y/N walked around the house. A bowtruckle from a tree looked curiously at her, making a weird face. "Hi?" she greeted the green creature.

"Her name is Diana, she likes to stare at people weirdly for some reason," Y/N laughed before taking the bowtruckle and put it in the tree again. "Do you want to eat dinner? I'm quite hungry, those treacle tarts don't last long."

"Yeah- same," Lily agreed and they walked down to the kitchen. In the counter, Y/N saw beef stew, sandwich, fruits, juice, and tea.

The two grab their lunch and sat on the dining table. "So you and James?" Y/N taunted teasingly.

"Aah I don't know. I guess I do like him back?" Lily answered, well, more like a question.

The two girls talked during the whole afternoon and the sun began to set. "I'm going to the bathroom to clean myself. I'll see you tomorrow," Lily waved and walked up the stairs.

Then, Y/N turned around to face her mum, "When will dad come back?"

"3 days I presume," Tina answered her daughter.

Y/N exhaled and nodded slowly before trotting up to the bathroom. She decided to take a warm bath to calm herself whilst also reading a book.