Chapter 6: Anirudh's fury

"Can I ask something?" Hesitated Sohini
"Yes ask" replied Somnath
"I.... I'm..... confused"
"Why?"
"Didi behaves so casually with dewarji and even her husband! She calls sasuma as didi and Swaswati calls her masi not boudi?!"
"Ohh.." giggled Som
"Why are you smiling??"
"Ok wait, tonight let me tell you a unique story tonight"
"Unique story?!"
"Yes the story of your didi and jethji"
Somnath started his story from how his brother married Bondita and brought her home and the incidents that followed. How stormy Bondita was and show she became Anirudh's everything. How they got divorced. How Anirudh fled with her to London. How family enmity fired up and how it ended. How Bondita today is a gold medalist Barrister like her idol and how both fell in love and then married.

The long story went on for hours and Sohini was just too much engrossed in it. Maybe she was married against her will but God has placed her in an ideal place. But if now she tries to show her interest in studies will people support her? Bondita didi had to fight from childhood. Jethji was with her always. But, though her husband is telling her this story enthusiastically, but will he support his wife too like his brother? Sohini has seen much of reality. She doesn't trust people easily. She has seen the people she trusted change colours. She has got a very beautiful family. But still, she needs to be careful. A wrong step can ruin her life. Perhaps here rules might not be the same as that of her elder counterpart.

It's morning. Sohini and Bondita are serving breakfast.
"Where is Batuk?" Asked Anirudh
"Maybe still on the bed, there are problems with time na between countries.. and he's tired too" replied Kaka like a pro.
"Bondita.. sit.. I'll have to go to the High Court after dropping you"
"Ji patibabu"
Sohini looked at Somnath. But he was eating like an idiot. He should also call his wife to sit beside him and take her food.
Sampurna saw Sohini's sad stare at Som.
"Aahh haa... Sohini bahu, you go and sit beside Som, I'm serving the food."
Som looked at Sampurna with omelette in his mouth. Sampurna by her eyes signed that he is behaving like an idiot. He looked at his Dada who nodded his head hopelessly.
Kaka, the eternal brahmachari, could not get what was going on. He looked towards everyone while chewing his food. Binoy giggled a little and adjusted his specs looking at his da's cluelessness. Kaka understood Binoy is mocking him with his giggles. He can be brahmachari but he understands it all, signed kaka with his cold stare towards his brother.

Bondita got ready and came down. Sohini was just mesmerised to see her in a cleanly plitted royal blue saree with a high collar black blouse. Her hair is side combed and put in a bun. Two little yet elegant butterfly studs on her ear. A very light yet blissful scent is coming from her. Bondita checks her watch. The watch?! A rose gold plated watch with a wide round dial. Is this how vilayeti Indian woman looks like. Is this how educated women look like?! Sohini just wanted to dress like her once. She's looking soo elegant.
"Patibabu, please be fast" shouted Bondita
"I'm coming, you go and sit in the car" the sound came from upstairs
"What happened bahu? Again your partner is late?" Asked kaka with a smile
"See na Kakasasurji, he takes so long to set his hair, I don't know who will look at his hair" Bondita puffed her face.
Kaka laughed lightly and caressed her head "go and sit in the car, he'll come, go"

Bondita went towards the main door. Sohini followed her. When they reached the door they saw, much to their surprise, a man giving support to Batuk and bringing him in.
"What happened to him?!" Asked Bondita to that man and hold Batuk's shoulders
Before the man could answer Batuk hold Bondita's hand which she kept on his shoulders "Don't go Sonia, don't go, don't leave me alone this night!"
Bondita was shocked. Sohini was frightened. It was evident that he was drunk.
"Batuk, leave my hand.."
"I'll not leave you Sonia..."
The upper buttons of Batuk's shirt were open. From there she could see.... red tint.... it's a tint of lipstick. Now Bondita got frightened by the way Batuk was looking at her.

Sohini got hell frightened and turned back to flee away. But there she was shocked again. Anirudh is staring straight at Batuk with red anger in his eyes. Sohini gulped. It of course is not looking sweet but disastrous.

"BATUKKKK" Anirudh shouted at the top of his voice. Kaka and others came running and saw Batuk holding Bondita's hand.

Anirudh approached the door like a rocket which moved the man two steps back and separated his hand from Bondita. Bondita hold her hand and kept taking deep breathe.

"Anirudh Roy Choudhury, how come you are here?" Enquired Batuk with a odd smile and literally loosing balance of himself. The man moved back and fled.
Anirudh looked at him more coldly and put a tight slap on his face which made him fall down. He picked him up by his collar and the red lipstick mark attracted his attention. The slap has already nutralised a part of his addiction. He followed his Dada's eyes and noticed the mark on his open chest. He gulped.
"Believe me Dada I did nothing wrong" Batuk clarified with disoriented tone.
But that words couldn't nutralise the coldness in his Dada's stare.
Bondita can sense things very well now.
"Patibabu, we are getting late..." Hesitated Bondita
"Don't you dare Bondita" the cold scolding flew towards her and he stared in same cold way at her too "don't you dare...."
Bondita lowered her head. He could understand it very well that it was her attempt to save Batuk from his Dada's fury. All knows how dreadful Anirudh can be when angry.

Anirudh hold Batuk's collar tightly and dragged him up the stairs. Binoy adjusted his specs. What will he say?! He knows himself what he has done in his youth. Let Anirudh only tackle things now. Kaka seemed quite happy with Anirudh's way of handeling the matter but as bahus were there so he showed off a bit of concern.
"R a Anirudh forgive him, he's your little brother na"
"He's not LITTLE anymore kaka"
Kaka nodded his head. By heart he wants to slap Batuk. How dare he hold her Boudi's hand and say "Sonia". Wait who's Sonia by the way?!
"Dada... dada forgive me Dada... trust me.. I did nothing wrong... Dada" Batuk literally started crying and tried to fall on his feet but Anirudh was holding his collar up. He dragged him upstairs and threw him on the bed and locked the door.
Kaka knocked at the door
"Anirudh... Anirudh... now.. now this is not fair... Anirudh"
Anirudh ignored the knock and started moving towards Batuk. Batuk started moving back.
Anirudh's hand went to his waist and he started opening his belt. Cold shiver ran through Batuk's spine.
"Dada" he cried "Dada... forgive me Dada.."
Anirudh opened his belt.
"Where were you whole night? What were you doing whole night?!"
"Dada..."
Anirudh made sound on the floor with his belt. The sound reached outside.
"ANIRUDH...."
"Patibabu... patibabu... we will be late..."

Consequently only sound of canning and Batuk's groaning can be heard. Sometimes he cried loud "DADAA..... KAKA...."
"ANIRUDH... leave him... Anirudh... now its too much.."

Anirudh opened the door. His sleeves were pulled up. Dress was disoriented and his hair was messy. From inside sound of groaning can be heard. Bondita wanted to enquire inside.
"Bondita come..." Anirudh pulled her by her hand.

"Was there any need of being so harsh" Exclaimed Bondita while putting Anirudh's shirt in place.
"There was every need Bondita, you'll not realise it now, still you are much innocent.."
"What?! Innocent?!" Bondita, who was organising his collar pulled him by that towards her and put his face close to her.
"Do I look innocent to you" whispered Bondita
Anirudh was indifferent, he taunted "yes you do.."
Kaka stormed in then closed his eyes
"Shiv shiv shiv"

Anirudh and Bondita seperated. Anirudh continued setting his hair and Bondita put his collar on place and moved aside to take the papers.
"Will you say anything Kaka?"
Kaka opened one of his eyes to check the condition. Then opened two of it and started
"Don't you know what I'll tell"
"Yes I know and I think I have done it correct... every night he will remain locked in his room and will be under my supervision"
"Kids were watching it"
"They should..." Anirudh emphasised "THEY SHOULD... they should watch and take the lesson beforehand... I'm good when you are good... but if you go on wrong path I'm merciless.."
"Merciless?!"
"And that's for their good only kaka... you can understand my point I suppose"
"Yes I can... I support you but don't you think you were too harsh.."
"Maybe I was.... come on Bondita we are late.."
Kaka looked at Bondita. Bondita signed by her eyes that she'll manage him, let him cool down.