Chapter 10: Batuk's odd decesion

"I don't understand why you two need to quarrel outside also... what impression did it make infront of Sohini's family?" Scolded Sampurna. Batuk and Bondita just stood with their heads low and looked at times towards Sampurna and each other in a mischievous manner.
"You two aren't kids... you two have grown up... still you are continuing this... I'm warning you behave yourselves or else I'll complain to Anirudh"
"He'll support me" Bondita replied in a childish tone
"He will support you when you are right... when you will do mischiefs obviously he will scold you"
"Sampurna ma I have to go to the taluk inspection, please let me go now" requested Batuk
"Yes go.... but remember... behave yourself"
Batuk nodded his head.

All the villagers were gathered under the big banyan tree. Chairs umbrella and everything is ready for the zamindar. Batuk got down the car like a king. All villagers stood up and greeted him with folded hands. Batuk raised his hand as a gesture. He got sitted on the chair. The Sarpanch accounted to him the problems of the village.
"The dispute with the pond has taken serious turn zamindar babu"
"What's the dispute?" Batuk asked like a pro.
"The two neighbours are fighting and they turn murderous at times"
"Zamindar babu the pond is mine and so is it's fishes" a huge figure stood up and commented in a deep tone. Batuk gulped. This man can just throw him into the pond with one hand.
"No Zamindarbabu it's mine" a thin figure stood up with folded hands.
Batuk looked at the two figures and tried to imagine the unequal fight. This jumbo can kick out this bamboo figure just like that.
"Well so what's the papers say?"
"Paper? There is no paper" the jumbo figure replied.
"He destroyed the papers Zamindarbabu " the thin figure objected.
"Zamindarbabu Sanju is very powerful... don't make him angry... if you can please him then he'll be of our help.." Sarpanch whispered in Batuk's ears and blinked. Batuk gave a counter smile.
"Then divide the pond into two parts"
"No Zamindarbabu I want it all"
"Now you have no papers you want it all then how can..." Batuk looked at this jumbo... this man can be helpful in his rule.. "okkk... so if we dig another pond and it's a grand new one then?"
"Grand new pond for me" a huge smile appeared on his face. The thinny got confused.
"Yess... morol moshai (Sarpanch) find out land for the new pond."

"See this Zamindar will also go towards Sanju... luck will never be on us poor man's favour " whispered the villagers.

A land was decided to dig the new pond. The owner of the property objected because it was the land where he used to cultivate vegetables. But who can win over the zamindars.
"I'm the zamindar and I own all land here... so do as I say" Batuk ordered.

Sanju befriended with Batuk.
"To Zamindarbabu, I think you are on our team.."
"Any doubts?"
"Noo not at all"
Sanju handed over the glass of wine to him. Both cheered.
"So I heard you take money from every new person who enters the village... for settlement of course the amount increases"
"So you will take money from me?" Batuk smiled.
"Noo noo... who takes money from the rich... the poor are to be drained na..." Sanju gave a sarcastic smile. "50 50 share... agree?"
"Agreed"

"Dada there's a woman inside our akhra" a chamcha of sanju informed.
"Woman?!"
"Yes Dada... a spark of light radiates from her body.. she has only a chin and a few bangles as ornaments.... but those seem dull"
"Oye shut up... by the way what's her age??"
"Fiery youth sardar" The chamcha smiled.
"Goooddd let her in..."
Batuk played with the glass of wine. Women is a bit of his interest too.
He could hear the mild sound of nupur behind him.
Sanju went awed over this beautiful lady. Gosh... she's married... well no deal.. women is women.
"Come young lady..." Sanju welcomed in a nasty tone. "Zamindar babu... what do you think?"
Batuk looked back. Then........ he literally was falling down the chair in shock but the lady hold his hands.
"R a Zamindarbabu be cool... why are you falling down" the lady replied with a smile. Batuk stood up and gulped.
"See Sardar the lady is inviting Zamindarbabu" the chamcha whispered
"Yeahh"