Chapter 2: Somnath's marriage decided

The car stopped infront of the mansion. Kaka and Som got down. Nayeb came running. The old zamindar was standing there. He folded his hands and greeted him. Then took them in. All the paperworks were done. The old Zaminder handed over the property to him. There were presents the delegates, that is the rich merchant class. Among them were present Chatterjee and his son.

Satapriya Chatterjee is a rich and affluent marchant of the region. He always wants more, more and more. He doesn't care about welfare but only money. Now his eyes are on the Roy Choudhuries. He have to be the best friend to them and establish permanent relationship with them. He looked at Somnath standing with a dry face, smilling forcefully.
Supriyo Chatterjee is his father's good boy. His father's good is his good.

Chatterjee went to Kaka..  "Zaminderbabu, nice to meet you.." kaka nodded with a smile. Chatterjee continued.. "I came to invite you in my mansion tomorrow... if you don't have any problem ofcouse. Take your son with you too... I'll be much obliged.."

Well kaka is too not any kaccha khiladi. He also knows the affluence of Chatterjee.
"Yes of couse why not... " kaka agreed with a wide smile.. "It'll be my pleasure..."

In the Chatterjee's place..
"Get ready quick Sohini..." Sohini's Jethima came with a bunch of jewellery.
"Not these didi... bring light ones.. they don't know na that we r planning to make Sohini their in law... light jewellery attracts modern boys..." commented her kakima
Sohini looked back. Behind the curtains was her widowed mother, who doesn't hold any capacity to do anything for her daughter other than to love her.

Kaka and Somnath arrived. They shared a talk over business. Somnath sat there as an ultimate "kabab main haddi". He neither had any interest nor did her understood anything.
Sohini came in with the tea platter. She kept the platter on the front table.
"This is my brother's daughter Sohini"
Sohini gave a smile and greeted with folded hands. Somnath too smiled at her without a hint that this will make him ultimate "bali ka bakhra".

"Bondita where is my pen.."
"Pen is your's.. how will I know where is it.."
"I know very well that you have hid it.."
"Yes I hid it... I too work... it's not only you who work... I too work... now stop this.." Bondita puffed her face and moved her face back.
Anirudh smiled and then slowly approached her from the back. Slowly he hold her by her waist. A strange shock just moved through the spine of Bondita. She felt Anirudh's breathe over her shoulders. She closed her eyes. She felt a soft touch on her neck...

"Anirudddhhhhh" Kaka came dancing into the study. I seconds Anidita got separated and ran to the opposite sides of the room. Bondita picked up a book. Anirudh couldn't find anything so he picked up a broom.

Kaka's eyes were wide open. He's not in a state speak anything.
"Ahem.... ahemm... You should... in your room... close the door... I mean... there are kids... I mean... I mean you two are old enough... I mean...... I mean kids are at home... I mean... can't you two just.. I mean... privately... I mean where... where no one can see.... I mean....."

Anirudh and Bondita kept their heads low and looked at their respective Book and Broom. They started sweating.

Kaka noticed them and tried to arrive at the main topic.
"Anirudh..." kaka started.
Anirudh slowly tried to look at him
"Anirudh... I've planned... I've planned marriage of Somnath.."
The sweat of Anidita sublimed.
"With whom??" Asked Bondita..
"With the daughter of the Chatterjies of Gourbagan"
"Does Somnath know?" Asked Anirudh
"R a will he agree to admit... I saw him smile at her... that only signs things... boys don't admit their love easily..."
"Yeah... they don't admit their love easily.." Bondita remarked sarcastically and looked at Anirudh ..
Anirudh moved his face and started looking at the ceiling.
Kaka saw the two
"Now it's useless to talk to you two together... always doing.. always doing... anyways..... the marriage should be quick... and no gondogol from you two's side.."
"What's the age of the girl?" Asked Anirudh
"She's She's 15 or 16... not a kid ok... old enough... "
"Kaka that is...."
"No lecture now.... 16 is the legal age... "
"But is the girl willing?"
"Yes"
"How come you know?"
Kaka has no answer. "We'll sit tomorrow with Somnath...". Kaka left.

"Patibabu do you think the girl will be willing? It's so much of a hasty thing... marriage isn't a children's play..."
"Aah... Bondita... its business play... they did such a deal with me too... you can't make them understand... they'll not hear to us... and mark my words he'll not take you but will take Sampurna ma to see the girl..."
"Why?"
"Because you are educated.. you'll ask about education... and if they know your qualification then marriage can be cancelled"
"Why?!"
Anirudh hold Bondita by her shoulders.."there are many things you need to see and experience Bondita... many things... at your age I used to think straight but today I know the complexity of reality and it's my duty to make you understand the same... "
Anirudh looked into the eyes of Bondita. Bondita looked at Anirudh.
"Dadaaaaa food is served..." Swaswati came in.
"Yes ... we are comming..."

"You know Bondita we should go to honeymoon somewhere..."
"Why?" Bondita looked at him in a naughty manner
"Because here people don't let me".. Anirudh hugged her by her back... "love my Wife"
"Just leave me now.. come to eat.."
"Lo... you too are doing this injustice..."
"Everything is fair in love and war.."
"So what's this? Love or war?"
"Aniruddhhhhh"
"Comming kaka..."

Next morning..
"So we are going today.."
"Where kaka?" Asked Somnath
"To see your bride.." kaka replied normally
"Ohh." Somnath put the omlet inside his mouth and started chewing. Then suddenly realised something and chocked. "Wait what... bride? Whose Bride?"
"Sampurna Bahu will come with me.." said Kaka. Anirudh looked at Bondita. Bondita was amazed to see how words of Anirudh matched.
"I'll also go Kakasasurji..."
"No bahu you take rest... kids will be here... who will look after them.."
"Why Patibabu will be at home na .. today is sunday..."
"Who? Your patibabu... uski kaun dekhe iska thikana nehi woh dekhega bacco ko.."
Anirudh looked at Kaka with abhiman.. "kaka this is not fair..."
"Whose marriage anyone tell me..." Somnath pleaded
"You know letter came from Batuk yesterday..." Binoy came in.. "He's going to return next month..."
"Then it'll be if so much fun..." Bondita looked excited
"WHOSE MARRIAGE..." Somnath shouted to the top of his voice.
All stopped and looked at him.
"Your marriage..." said Bondita
"With whom?" Somnath asked angrily
"With Chatterjee's daughter... Sohini... you saw her na.." replied kaka
"Who Sohini? I don't know any Sohini"
"Kakasasurji said you smiled looking at her..."
"Smiled?!" Suddenly Somnath recalled that smiling sweet girl.. "Sohini... yes that girl..."
"Dekho he recalled... he recalled..." kaka exclaimed with joy
Somnath went clueless... ok he liked her... but in one sight how can conclusion be drawn?!