Chapter 17: The Purity of Friendship

Chandrasekhar got ready for the lunch he's invited in. Suddenly the servant appears.
"Sir, the officer's brother have come to meet you"
"Ok I'm comming"

Sekhar came downstairs.
"What's the matter now Robin?"
"You know Chan..."
"Chandrasekhar..."
"Whatever.... you know what you work under my brother... Roger..."
"Your brother is in lower rank than of me right?"
"You fool... we are the Britishers and you are a damn Indian..."
"I've an invitation .. will have to leave..."
"In college you were always with that Indian girl... will not you go to find her?"
Sekhar looked back at him and rolled his eyes.
"Ohh that girl who slapped you and smashed your head?"
Robin's expressions turned angry.
"Just remember you blacky moron... we are the king here"
"Why are you arguing in the first place? Did I do or say anything against Roger? Or are to trying to take revenge because I graduated and you can't " smiled Sekhar.

Robin made a disgusting face and left.

****************
Bondita is busy preparing a wholesome angke Indian lunch. Sohini is also with her learning the recipes. Things are going over Sampurna's head so she decided to take the dishes department. The concept of white wine was not liked by her and also not by kaka. But Bondita insisted its needes for the fish and chips in snacks. Anirudh agreed and thus got a odd scolding from kaka. Well the whole lunch spread is Indian only. From white polau to mutton kasha, from chatni to rosogolla (half of which were vanished by Bondita, Batuk and the kids in partnership, Sohini also would have got a part but she refused to be a part of the crime).

"Bondita you didn't ask about the new officer" asked Anirudh
"I'll see na when he'll come"
"Ohh yess"

From the morning Anirudh is finding out ways to be near Bondita but he's been thrown out all through.

Sekhar's car halted by the haveli. Anirudh came to receive him. Sekhar was much influenced by the look and attitude of this man in specs. Then he saw another man in gol gol specs behind him. He folded his hands to greet. Kaka was quite impressed by his etiquette.

The lunch is served. Bondita is not interested to serve. She went to her room to read some books.
Sekhar appreciated the food. Kaka appreciated his bahu and Anirudh flew in the heaven like a cupid.

"Really your Bahu makes very nice food"
"Yes indeed... she made English food for your snacks too"
"Ohh really.."

Anirudh went up to Bondita.
"Why aren't you comming down Bondita?"
"I've no interest in a British officer"
"He's an Indian"
"You want me to marry him.."
"WHAT"
"Then why are you insisting?"
Anirudh got angry.
"Come on... get down"
"Why are you angry.. I just joked.."
"Why are you behaving like a typical lady and hiding here... I want to introduce my wife to him... he was appreciating your cooking so much... I want to show him how great my wife is!"
Bondita stared at him. "Have you gone crazy? Ok fine I'm going... but you please stop acting like a monkey.."
"What? Chalo whatever.." Anirudh went closer to Bondita "if you call me a monkey donkey with love... I accept it"
Bondita felt a bit odd " I'm sorry patibabu"
"For what?"
"I should not have called you by that name"
"So what..." Anirudh went closer. Bondita started breathing fast.

"Anirudhhhhhhhh" kaka came in and went out instantly "shiv shiv shiv."
Anirudh and Bondita moved away from each other.
"I'm comming kaka..." hesitated Anirudh
"Yes came fast... never leave a chance to... shiv shiv... atleast do this at night closing the door ... shiv shiv..."

**********
Anirudh came down with Bondita.
"Meet my wife... Barrister Bondita Roy Choudhury"
Sekhar stared at her and Bondita stared at him too.
Anirudh expected a shocking reaction from him but this staring was uncomfortable for him.
"Chomu you??" Exclaimed Bondita
"Chandrasekhar..."
All others looked in shock at them.
"Whatever you didn't answer my call" Bondita Exclaimed
"Call!" Batuk raised his eyebrows up.
"I left.... I called you before that and some humpy grumpy lady took it up and said you are dead... what will I do next... last time you called crying telling your sakhababu forgot you... so I thought.... I mean...."
Bondita was startled.
The words striked Anirudh like an arrow. His face became red. Kaka's eyes became round. Batuk bit his lips framing the story.
"You believed I'm dead.."
"Shiv shiv... you should not tell things like that at evening bahu..." kaka intervened "by the way... you know each other?"
"Yes Kakasasurji from School... he's my best friend... I told you about him na..."
Batuk looked at Anirudh's face which is going red and white.
"Accha.... but Sakha babu...."
"Ohh... she used to befriend with anyone who will listen to stories of her sakhababu... her teacher he was I guess... I was there till graduate with her so she made me her partner... to do all things like stealing cakes from canteen and all..."
"Was visiting haunted house in the list?" Batuk asked.
"Yess... " Sekhar smiled.
"What did she told you about her Sakhababu?" Anirudh asked sarcastically
Bondita looked at him. Anirudh gave a naughty smile at her.
Sekhar thought it will not be good to tell things much deep to her husband. She was in love with him.
"Well.... they had many good times... though they stayed together for a short time... he never came... he used to sent small letters and money... he was her gurdian there... absentee gurdian types.."
"Well nothing else she told??"
Sekhar became hesitated.
"Will you please stop.." whispered Bondita angrily.
"No I need to know na what Bondita used to tell about me... what she thought about me..."
Sekhar's face became red. He's only her sakhababu. Oh God what odd things he told about him. He thought it'll be a good expression if he tells something odd about her sakha babu.
"You are.... her... I mean...."
"Yes... actually I fled with her to marry her.. so her family might have answered your call like that..."
"That must be Kalindi..." exclaimed Kaka
"Never... thakuma can never say like that.." defended Bondita
"Really?" Anirudh and Kaka looked at her.
"Well when angry she sometimes... but that's not from heart... well... I don't want to comment..."
Anirudh signed kaka to leave the topic.
"So Mr. Chandrasekhar you are our family friend from now" welcomed Anirudh
"It's my pleasure to be... " smiled Sekhar

Bondita was much happy to meet her old friend after so long. She never expected that kaka will accept him this enthusiastically. Anirudh was also in an enthusiastic conversation with him. She knew he was jealous of him as he has spent more time with her. But he is healthy enough to befriend him. Batuk is collecting points to tease Bondita later.

"By the way Bondita you need to be aware.."
"Why Chomu?"
"What kind of a name have you given to me... it'll smash my respect in public"
"Guys don't have that... nevertheless I'll TRY to call you Sekhar.."
"Do add babu " kaka intervened "or else what people will think?"
"I don't bother kaka... he's the one who made me understand I'm in love with Sakhababu.. we have pure friendship.. baki I don't care about others"

"Why she needs to be aware?" Asked Anirudh
"Robin is here.."
"Robin?!" Bondita was shocked. "That moronn"
Anirudh looked at her signing to keep check on her language
"He is not in a good mood... he's running behind me... threatening me... "
"Why?"
"Because I graduated and he can't "
"If you roam at nightclub then how can you graduate"
Batuk looked around finding a patli gali.
"If he sees you then....."
"Then what?"
"You know what you did to him"
"I can do it to him now too..."
"His brother Roger is head Police inspector here"
"Bondita doesn't care..."

Sekhar got ready to leave. Anirudh and kaka came to escort him to his car.
"Anirudh... can I call you dada..."
"Yes of course you can"
"Then Bahu becomes your Boudi" Kaka commented with a stupid smile
"Ohh yess... that'll be sweet" smiled Sekhar "Anirudh da... Robin isn't a good guy... if he sees Bondita he'll try to take revenge..."
"Revenge for what?"
"You know Bondita very well... she's a dominating kind of girl... Robin wanted to date with her but she refused. Once he tried to force her... in the club.. and she smashed his head with racket. He was critically injured. Now he can't stand girls refusing him... leave alone beating... he have no power to fight with Bondita because she's a self defence champion... she also surpassed him in a competition where you have to shoot target while riding a horse.... I'm afraid he might built up stories about me and her relation to defame her..."
"Bahu knows to shoot?" Kaka was shocked.
"Yes she's a champion in it"
"Anirudh... you knew?"
"Yes kaka... " replied Anirudh in a low tone "don't worry Sekhar... I'll manage... she still behaves as a kid... but you'll have to do me a favour.. deny that Bondita knows how to shoot.."
Anirudh explained him the whole case. Sekhar agreed to help him.
"But she is registered to the London club."
"Ohh I see.... then I will have to get the case closed on other grounds... well he's a goon so I don't think there will be problem..."
"But Robin might pose one .... he can use this..."
"Right right.... but any human can fire out of fright... well case solved..."
"So quickly?"
"Yes..."

Sekhar is quite pleased to meet Bondita's family. But he doesn't know what adversities awaits in fate of them.