Chapter 11: Batuk in trouble

"Come come sit Batuk babu" Supriyo got Batuk sitted. Somnath also came in the room. Satyapriya, Somnath's uncle in law was too present there.
"So Batuk babu have you made the deal final with Sanju?" Asked Supriyo
"Yes I did..."
"Be aware... he's a dangerous man"
"Don't worry.... Som dada why are you standing... sit na"
Somnath got sitted. "I think you are not doing it correct"
"Boudi told you something?!"
"What do you think?"
"She always over reacts... you know very well she loves to land me into some trouble"
"That's a silly mischievous play Batuk... in any odd situation she'll think of your good only... you also try to land her into trouble but yesterday night you tried to guard her na?"
Batuk kept quite for sometime.
"Why are you considering the words of a lady?" Satyapriya made a typical comment "men will handle men things na..."
"The point is she handles all men" Som replied
"All loves her?"
"Obviously... she takes care of all.. she loves all... so all.."
"That happens in all family... if bahu and wife does seva she gets the love... but that doesn't give permission to speak and opine over men"
Somnath looked at Satyapriya in a sarcastic manner.
"Sasurji picture abhi baki hai" whispered Som with a smile
"Did you say anything Jamaibabu?"
"No not at all"

Bondita entered Chatterjee mansion like a Queen. Head straight up putting bold steps she entered the "bar mahal" (Men's area).
"Excuse me.. can you tell where Batuk Babu is?" Bondita asked one of the servant.
All just stared at her with shock. The servant pointed towards the room.
Bondita went towards the room and knocked at the door.
All looked back.
"Boudi?!"
Bondita entered the room.
"You need to sign some papers Batuk.. I told you to wait na..."
"But isn't it Dada's work?"
"Yes... you'll be the Zamindarbabu out here and sign will be your Dada's work... you are in charge here so you will have to sign"
"Do I have to read it?"
"If you think that I'm sabotaging to take your peoperty then you can"
Batuk looked up at her.
Satyapriya and Supriyo looked at each other. They signed each other about how unruly this girl is.

"Kaka so many people have gathered outside" A young boy entered the room.
"Who? Why?" Asked Satyapriya
"They say they saw a married lady in gunghat drive the car and come here"
"What are you talking!?"

Bondita looked at Satyapriya then again got busy in instructing Batuk where to sign. Batuk was busy in hearing to their discussion.
"Batuk please sign quickly... the deal about the Jute trade also needs to be finalised"
"You drive????" Batuk questioned Bondita in shock.
"Yes I do... now sign quick"
Batuk took the pen and signed.
"You drive?!" Supriyo exclaimed.
"Yes... I learned driving from one of my friends in England"
"England?! Friend?!"
"Well Batuk... try to complete all your silly works and come home fast."
"Why?"

Bondita folded her hands and greeted Satyapriya. Then left without answering Batuk's question.

Sohini came running in the lobby.
"Didi you drove the car?"
Her aunts and mother too came
"Yes I did.."
"Wow it's soo cool!"
"You want to drive?"
"Yeesss"
"Ok let some years paas... then I'll teach you to drive.. I bet you'll be a better driver than your husband" giggled Bondita
Sohini's Aunts looked at each other.
Bondita went out and got up the car. Then left with the car in full speed. Batuk Som and others looked from the window.
"Is there any need to speed up like that?!" Exclaimed Somnath.
"How can she be such an efficient driver?!" commented Batuk
"Are you jealous of her?"
"Yes obviously I am"

Anirudh checked the watch. It's 3 30 pm. He took the suitcase and ascended the bullock cart. He wandered qhy Bondita told him to dress like a villager and avail a bullock cart. Why this girl makes so much of a suspense?!
The cart entered the village.
"Halt..." Sanju's men stopped the cart and comes to check.
"Who are you?" They ask Anirudh.
"Why??"
"R a Kali leave that question.... Are you new here??"
"Yes... I am..."
"Where will you go??"
"To the Zamindar bari"
"Then give 1000 rupees"
"What??"
"Can't you hear give 1000 rupees"
"What will you do if I don't?"
"We will take you to our Zamindarbabu... he will take your class"
"Zamindarbabu?! Well let me also see how your Zamindarbabu takes my class"

Anirudh now can sketch out why Bondita told him to come like that. Obviously Batuk is upto something odd.

The men took Anirudh to a open place.
"Sardar... this guy doesn't want to give the money..."
"Who's that brave man let me see" Sanju comes stretching his biceps.
Anirudh looked straight at him.
"Wah he looks at me as if he's the king... come lets take him to Zamindarbabu"

Batuk was sitting in a shed. He look a long sip in his cigar.
"Zamindarbabu..."
Batuk looked at Sanju. Then his eyes went to the very well known figure beside him. He chocked.
"R a Zamindarbabu... bring water..." one man went to bring water.
Anirudh looked straight at Batuk. Batuk gulped.
"So Babumoshai now you need to give the money... or else Zamindarbabu will...."
"Or else your Zamindarbabu will??" Anirudh asked Sanju with a sarcastic smile. "What ZAMINDARBABU? Or else what you will do to ME?"
Batuk's throat got dammed. His mind got clogged.
"Zamindarbabu it's time for the village meeting... let us solve this case there... then all will get a lesson..."
Batuk's mind bursted. Now the gajab bejati will take place infront of the whole village.
"Come let's go Zamindarbabu " Anirudh teased Batuk.
Batuk turned slowly. He saw Supriyo standing for him.
"Come on Batuk babu... why are you looking do tensed?"
Batuk looked at him. How will he know that his death bell has rung.

All villagers were assembled under the banyan tree. Batuk looked back but he saw Anirudh had halted with Sanju's men. It means he only have to take the seat. God knows what will happen next.

Before he could sit the thin man fell on his feet.
"Zamindarbabu that land is my only earning source... please don't give it for Sanju's pond... that's a very fertile land... we will die starving Zamindarbabu..."
Batuk looked at Anirudh.
"Hey... go... Zamindarbabu has already gave that land to us" Sanju's men drove that man away.

Bondita got down the car and joined Sohini in the women section. Anirudh looked at her and smiled. Then signed her telling what the matter is. She signed to see it himself.

Anirudh's anger reached his peak. He wanted to go and put a tight slap on Batuk's face.

The meeting went on. Anirudh witnessed the level of anarchy his brother have created. Batuk remained quite for the whole course but that didn't serve his purpose.

By now Bondita have become a hot topic of discussion in the village. The girl who drives... who moves around freely... who even orders the men of Roy Choudhuries. Eyes of many were at her. In such a condition Anirudh slowly moved towards the women section.
But before him Supriyo came there.
"Who's he?" His mother asked.
"He's a brave one who refused to give the money... at last his chapter will come"
Sohini looked at the man of discussion and got shocked. She looked at Bondita. Bondita signed her to be quiet.

Anirudh moved towards the women section. Sanju's men just looked on. They were like where will he go.. this man can't flee. He came near Supriyo. Supriyo was about to hold his collar and push him but...
"What is this hell Bondita?!"
Supriyo was shocked. This man took her name?!
"See it yourselves" Bondita commented with a proud face.
Sohini pulled her veil in place. Many eyes moved towards Anirudh. This man is taking with the eldest daughter in law of the Roy Choudhuries. Sanju also noticed him. He came there and then shouted.
"Hey.... what are you trying to do.. you have to give the money... you can't escape..."
Anirudh looked back. Sanju tried to get his collar but Anirudh hold his hand and pushed him.
"Keep you voice low" Anirudh also peached up to his top volume.
"Why?? It's my land..... "
"Really it's your land?"
"Zamindarbabu is in my for... "
"Call your Zamindarbabu... let's settle this deal..."
Batuk gulped.
"Zamindarbabu come.... show him his place..." called Sanju.
Batuk came slowly.
"To Zamindarbabu is this his land?" Asked Anirudh.
Batuk lowered his head.
"Why are you not telling Zamindarbabu... it's your land, you can do whatever you want with it"
"Ohh it's your land.. you can do whatever yoh want with it!" Anirudh made a taunting tone at Batuk.
All just looked at the firm accent of this man in simple dhuti and punjabi. He dressed simple yet he had a spark in his eyes.
Anirudh took out the gold plated Spectacles from his pocket and put it on.
"What happened? Where there is no answe comming?" Anirudh enquired in a scolding tone at Batuk.
"Dada actually..." Batuk tried to reply in a whispering tone so that no one can hear him.
Anirudh was abouts to shout but Bondita hold his hands.
"Patibabu... come to the mansion.. please..."
Bondita took him holding his hand. All looked at the scene with their mouth wide open.
"Batuk come" ordered Anirudh.
Batuk went like a baby following his parent's words and slowly got into the car. Anirudh took the driver's sit and drove away.

All the spectators there just saw the biopic without even understanding a single sequence that took place.