Chapter 16: Versatile Bondita

Anirudh entered the confinement room.
"So Sanju.."
Sanju looked up with red eyes. "No one dared to do this to Sanju..."
"But I dare... I don't want to go cruel... giving you another chance... live peacefully or else I can be the worst..."
The lathials freed Sanju.
"I'll see you Zamindarbabu"
"Don't you dare..."

*************
Bondita got ready to go to the temple. Sampurna, Sohini and her aunts accompanied her. Bondita lead the team dancing.
"Why does your Didi dances so much?" Asked Sohini's aunt.
"Because she's free..." saying so Sohini moved forward and joined Bondita.

The temple premises was crowded. But all made space for the Zamindarni.
"It's more special when husband accompanies his wife for the puja... but alas husbands never have got time... if it was for their long life they have time... but it's for long lasting of your marriage so guys don't care... if one wife is gone another will come..." an old woman murmured.
Bondita felt like to call Anirudh but then she thought it'll be selfish of her, Sampurna and Sohini were alone too.

Bondita buying glass bangles. Suddenly a huge figure got her by her hand. Sohini screamed. All others too were shocked and frightened. Sanju took out a gun and pointed it on her head. Bondita struggled to come out of the clutches of this big figure.
"Zamindarbabu loves you a lot na.... now he'll pay the price of taking panga with Sanju... no one will move..." threatened Sanju.
Sohini started crying. Sampurna looked helpless.
Bondita took a deep breathe and tried to be calm. Sanju continued his lecture. Bondita moved her feet back and hold Sanju's arms as if struggling. Then in the most appropriate of time she tumbled him over her head and grounded him. All bystanders were shocked to see how a lady managed to tumble such a huge muscleman. Sanju took some time to come out of the shock and then pointed the gun at her. She kicked his hand and got hold of the gun. Sanju took out a knife and went to charge on her. Bondita fired........

******************
"She fired out of fright Daraka babu" informed Kaka with concern. (Daraka: Police Inspector, also known as "boro babu" of the police station)
Bondita sat on the sofa rubbing her hands.
"She just did it as a reciprocation.... for self defence.." added Anirudh
"And Sanju isn't dead na... he lived" Kaka had a tone of tension
"No one dies of a shot at hand" smiled the police Inspector "but the shot seemed much of an experienced hand"
Bondita gulped.
"Accidentally experienced shot it can be" Batuk gave a stupid smile.
"May be... ok Zamindarbabu... we can take it as a case of self defence... an reciprocation of fright... just a few formalities.. Barrister babu knows it well..." informed Inspector
Anirudh greeted him with a smile.

****************
"Now your didi is in danger" taunted Sohini's aunt
"Aren't you toooo much jealous of her?" Sohini gave a taunting answer
"She shooted"
"So what?"
"Her husband will now bash her.."
"He'll never..."
"Stop now.. how much have you seen of the world?"
"How much have you seen of my in laws?"
Sohini left angrily. Comming out of the kitchen her expressions turned tensed. She went to her brother.
"Dada... will you please drop me back.."
"Why? You were to stay here tonight na?"
"No I mean..."
"Supriyo tell her not to adapt to her Didi's behaviour..." her aunt intruded " or she'll be in danger... I'll told her ma to make her understand but .. hopeless"
"Dada... please drop me back... he might need something...."
"He might..." Supriyo raised up his eyebrows "stay here tonight... your mother will be happy..."

Sohini sighed and left the room.

***********

Somnath prepared the medicine.
"Dada, you apply it on her wounds... she had a tough fight..."
Anirudh nodded his head. Somnath left closing the door.

Anirudh applied the medicine on her shoulders. Bondita is sitting like a stone.
"Bondita tell the truth to me..."
"What truth?"
"You know how to tackle a gun... right?"
Bondita remained silent
"Bondita answer me... do you think I'll be angry??"
"Yes I know..." Bondita whispered "but never imagined to shed blood with it" Bondita started crying.
"Bondita Bondita..." Anirudh kept the cotton and patted on her back.. "you did it for a good reason... there is nothing to feel guilty about... "
Bondita hugged Anirudh and sobbed.