Chapter 14: Batuk and Bondita gets caught

Bondita and Batuk reached the backyard.
"Batuk you go by that side... no one should see us together"
"What will happen if they see us together?"
"Shut up Batuk... we will just sneek into our rooms secretly."
"Who will prepare the papers then?"
"Ohh I forgot... my partner in crime is a LLP"
"Don't insult ok.."
"Ok come... "

Batuk and Bondita slowly moved down the corridor.
Anirudh and Somnath reached Batuk's room and opened the door. All others including Sohini's aunt got inside.
Som removed the blanket.
"I said na Dada..."
"But where did they go?!" Wandered Anirudh
Batuk and Bondita entered the room through another door being unaware of the danger inside. They fell on face of Anirudh

Both were shocked. Anirudh tuned his face red. Batuk gulped.
"Where did you two go??" Asked Anirudh in a cold tone. Sohini's Aunts were in a peak of excitement.
Batuk started sweating.
"To the haunted house" Bondita answered confidently with her head held straight
Batuk looked at her shockingly.
"Haunted house?!"
"Yes there is a haunted house inside the forest"
"You went to the bhoot bangla?!" Sohini's aunt fell from heaven.
"Yes... even I explored all haunted houses in London... I love adventure..."
"Ghosts are also afraid of Boudi.... " Commented Batuk in a managing tone.
"Why are you going to those places alone?! You should have told someone... atleast you should have told Sampurna ma"
"And you would have let me go then??"
"No... I mean yes... I mean...."
"When you are doing adventure then you should hide it from elders... otherwise they panic and ground your adventure..."
Anirudh had no answer to give.
"What did you do there?" Anirudh had to ask something
"What will I do... I just went towards the main room where it's said the Englishman died. Your stupid brother collided with me from nowhere and started shouting BHOOTTHHH... do I look like a bhooth?"
Bondita signed Batuk to start a quarrel
"Yes you do look like one..."
"What do you mean?!"
"Yes.... Batuk knows beauty... you look beautiful to Dada only..."
"You mean I don't look beautiful?? If Bondita is not beautiful then why so many handsome boys were behind her.."
Anirudh's eye became big as a rosogolla. Others in the room were in a state of fainting.
"What do you do to those boys?" Batuk Enquired.
"I dumbed them all.... I only like Boy.. friends... not boyfriends"
"Then Dada isn't a Boy... you ran behind him.. he ran behind you... then you two ran leaving everything behind..."
Anirudh wanted to tell something but his throat was locked.
"No.. your Dada is not a boy... he's a MAN na..."
Anirudh's heart got filled with pride.
"Equation isn't matching..."
"I don't think you were ever able to match an equation"
Batuk looked at her. It's an insult.
Both remained quite for some time. Bondita looked around. All are in a state of shock. Anirudh too is stormed. Somnath is trying hard to hold back his laughter.
In the silence something stuck Anirudh. His expressions changed. He looked straight at Batuk. Batuk forced a smile on his face. Then he gave a sudden sharp sight at Bondita which made her disbalanced still she tried to put back the confidence on her face.
"Well Bondita bring the papers for Satyapriya babu's paddy field thing... we need to discuss" instructed Anirudh.
"Ji...."

Sohini's aunt's heart broke again. Her husband did nothing to her.

Next morning.
All were back in the zamindari mansion.
Anirudh saw Bondita signing something to Nayeb.

Anirudh entered his room. Everything is arranged in place. Something stuck him and he started searching. But it wasn't there. Then he looked at Bondita's bag. He searched her bag. Nothing was there.
He went to the corridor. Batuk was playing with the kids. Bondita is in the kitchen.

Anirudh entered Batuk's room. He instantly got the papers from his bag.

He went straight to the office room where nayeb was working.
"Nayeb moshai... did anyone came last night?"
Nayeb gulped
"No Anirudh babu... no one came" mumbled Nayeb
Anirudh started moving near him slowly with his eyes fixed on Nayeb. Nayeb moved back.
"Tell the truth Nayeb..."
"I .... I don't know Anirudh Babu..."
"Your mumbling says you know something"
"Believe me Malik... "
"If I come to know from someone else then your job will be.... "
"No... no Anirudh Babu..." Nayeb fell on Anirudh's feet
"Then tell me.."
"Batuk babu and Bahurani came last night... she told me to keep quite otherwise my job.... malik I have family.. if my job.."
"Don't worry..."
Anirudh left the room.