Chaper 19: The finale

"So you are the zamindar?" Asked the leader.
"Yes...."
"And you fought cases for krantikaris?"
"He did kands for krantikaris too!" Intruded Bondita
"Shut up" Scolded Anirudh
"So I think we can trust you.."
"You trust will save our lives" Anirudh replied.
"Well we will allow you to leave... but on one condition...."
"We will have to keep this a secret and help you right..." intruded Anirudh
The leader smiled "quite intelligent enough.."
"He's the best Barrister for a reason" replied Bondita with a proud smile.

**********

Anirudh and Bondita left the "Haunted" mansion. On reaching home obviously they had to face many queries
"We went for a morning walk kaka..." Anirudh defended with a stupid smile
"With this clothes?" Kaka raised his eyebrows "and were you two wrestling? Why your clothes are so dirty?"

"R a kaka can't you understand" intervened Batuk "Bondita.... boudi must have went to explore the haunted palace and Dada followed her... then ended up doing adventure there"

Anirudh couldn't defend it and gave an angry stare at Batuk. Batuk laughed aloud. Anirudh ran behind him. Batuk too fled to avoid the beating.

"Anirudh... eat quickly and get ready for the meeting" Ordered Kaka "and bahu go and have a bath quickly"

************

In the meeting Anirudh was hearing to the villagers problems. Bondita was in the ladiea section hearing to their problems and in turn got immersed in their gossips. Suddenly a Jeep packed with policemen halted there.
They got down the jeep. Bondita and Anirudh looked at each other.
"Who's Bondita Roy Choudhury here..." announced the officer.
"Can I get your Identity officer?" Questioned Anirudh
"Inspector Roger Williams.... we have traced a group of extremists and your wife is marked as an informer to them"
Anirudh was shocked. How did he knew that Bondita is his wife
"No need to get shocked... we keep a regular watch on everyone.." added Roger.

Batuk sensed some gondogol and left quitely.

"How can you say our Bahu is an informer to... to whatever... what proves do you have?" Defended kaka
"We do have witnesses... we have spies all around.."
Bondita came and stood beside Anirudh slowly, she gasped his shirt. Anirudh kept his hand on her's and signed her to be assured, he will manage.
"Bondita is just a simple girl... how can she be an informer?" Anirudh clarified

"She isn't a simple girl..." a voice came from behind.. all looked back. Bondita was shocked. Its Robin. "she is trained shooter and horse rider...." Robin added and pointed fingures at Bondita "isn't it"

Bondita crossed her arms "so you want me to shoot you.."
Thunder cracked on Anirudh's head. What the hell is Bondita saying.
"Bondita Bondita" whispered Anirudh

Another car halted and Chandrasekhar got out of it.
"Here... here comes your BEST FRIEND" taunted Robin.
"And you will say we married at the London Church" Bondita gave a rough reply.
Kaka, Anirudh and Chandrasekhar stood shocked. Anirudh looked at Sekhar. Sekhar nodded his head slowly in denial.

The villagers were unable to connect to this English bioscope. Sohini was on the edge of chair.

Robin have no answer to give to this. He looked at his brother who is raising his eyebrows at him.

"Just because you couldn't graduate doesn't mean you will harass us" commented Sekhar.
"It's true that there are witnesses... that Bondita is an informer."
"Then bring that informer.."

Robin got restless and instructed one constable to bring the informer. The constable looked at Roger for consent. Roger siged and nodded his head.

"I'm feeling like smashing his head again" whispered Bondita
"You need to stay calm" suggested Sekhar
Anirudh sighed.
Kaka is standing like a statue thinking what drama is going on infront of the village.

"How can a lady shoot and ride horse?" Questioned a old man
"Like Rani Laxmibai did" Bondita gave a rough answer.
"But....."
"I lived in London for eight years and am tyrant enough to learn this things... and your Officer this Chomu..."
"Chandrasekhar...." Sekhar corrected
"Whatever... used to be my friend... who was timid enough to be my partner in crime.. now did you understand?"
"Wait... I was timid enough?" Exclaimed Sekhar
"Don't worry Pal..." Anirudh patted on his shoulders "you are not alone.."

The constables brought the informer.
"Now tell me is this the lady?" Roger inquired
"No Babu she's not the one..."

Robin got shocked. "How come?!"

"Now shut up Robin... only to prove yourself you are harassing your ex classmates... be it Indian or whatever you couldn't pass for you timidity only.. you have no right to harass others for that.." Scolded Roger.

"Roger Dada..." called Bondita "Robin used to taunt me you know... so one day I smashed his head with my racket"
"You should have cut his throat.." opined an angry Roger.
"Shiv shiv... nah nah... I don't like bloodshed... its paap... "

"Roger she's fooling you" opined Robin.
Roger got him by his collar and dragged him.

************
Anirudh and Bondita were still wandering what just happened. They were roaming on the river bank when Alok came infront of them
"Thanks for all your help Zamindarbabu... I think we were able to help you in return"

Anirudh and Bondita looked at each other.
"We have not helped you in that sense Alok..." replied Anirudh
"You agreed that's enough... you tried.."
"But...."
"Some things need to be understood... some things can't be said.... "
"Approach anythime for any help you need... I'm there.."
"Sure..."

Alok left. The Ghosts from the haunted palace stopped haunting people. Robin and Roger went there but found nothing, neither were killed. Roger understood very well there were no ghosts but krantikaris there. Robin insisted that Bondita used to come there but his brother refused to believe as because the informer denied so.

****************

Much to Satyapriya's disappointment Anirudh took the villagers for. But he sighed and accepted it because Roy Choudhuries had a better trade offer.

Today is the first day of Sohini's school. Somnath brought her the most more books than she requires. He made her study day and night to pass the entrance test and she did. Their relationship made kaka remind of Anirudh and Bondita ten years ago. Somnath insisted to drive Sohini, his dear Sohi to school. He hold her hands and dropped her. Sohi looked back and waved her hand.

**************
(NB: The next part of this story will continue as a seperate book. "Anidita: A Happy Family: Anirudh vs Bondita". I'll notify once the book is published. Thank you)