-4- Roll Initiative

"Miss. (Y/N)!" I opened my eyes to see one of the younger maids, Pony, running up to my bed, "Miss. Adline has gone crazy!"

"Gone?"

"She snuck out last night," She grabbed me by the arm, "And I think she might have found out about your day off!"

"Shush!" I held my finger up to the girl's lips, "Quiet down about that. Also what time is it?"

"Seven thirty in the morning," She stopped me from panicking, "Don't worry, I fed Lilith and the others began on your other stuff."

"But what about their chores?"

"Oh please, Miss. Adline assigns you almost everything," she smiled, "This is the least we could do."

I sighed, "You guys..."

"Look," She pulled me up and threw my clothes at me, "You need to figure out what Miss. Adline is doing."

I stood and went behind my screen to change, "Why me?"

"You are... special," Pony started making my bed for me, "I guess it just feels like fate."

"That is the most lazy reason I've heard in a while."

"What did you expect? It's not like we're working with professionals here."

"Fair enough."

I had finished dressing in my normal attire, my corset overcoat laced up and covering my dirty white dress in a faint (FC), "Pony, you all can't keep covering for me."

"Stop! I will not hear it anymore," she grabbed me by the hand and dragged me out towards the servant's hallways, "Go."

I was then pushed into the halls, right into Tsu's arms, "Thank you Pony."

She nodded, looking into my eyes, "Win."

Pony was linguistically challenged, being born in a kingdom across the sea. Most of the kingdoms around here, along with independent villages and cities, all spoke the same language. However, the same was true across the sea, but the two weren't the same. Mini-rant aside, I watched as Pony left me with Tsu.

"She's so nice," Tsu smiled, pulling me up onto my feet, "I barely had to say anything to get her to help us out."

I sighed, though it's hard to really be upset with Tsu, "What's the point of this?"

"All the guests that stayed in the guest rooms are trying on the shoe," Tsu smiled, "The others thought you should be there so you could try on the shoe if you want."

"Who the hell thought that was a good idea?" I crossed my arms, "I don't want-"

"Please."

My body was tense. Those two voices from the day before flooded my mind again. One begging me to go and claim the shoe as my own, just as I had semi-promised myself the night before. While the other kept it's head, telling me to wait. There was something more going on, and this wasn't the right time.

I somehow came up with a compromise, "Fine I'll go. But I'm waiting to try anything."

"That's all we ask," Tsu's tiny smirk didn't go unnoticed as she led me to a large living room.

At least thirty or so women sat all around the room, all circling around a wooden chair and a pillow on the ground. Aoyama sat on the pillow, placing my shoe on girl after girl. None of them fit right. I was shocked that Jiro had picked out a shoe that fit my foot so exactly.

"Next."

A girl approached the chair, her presence commanding attention. Her long hair reached her waist, it was hard to pinpoint the color, a white or gray with a hint of lavender. She wore a white gown with a few large pink bows, her only accessory being a gold monocle. She had this confident look on her face, as if she knew this was going to work. My mind flashed to last night, worry slowly pooling in my veins.