•𝙁𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙧 𝙈𝙖𝙙𝙚 𝙁𝙤𝙧 𝙏𝙬𝙤•

"Would you care for a dance...with me?"

You stared at him, frozen. After all those times of you pushing him away and ignoring him and yet he still chooses to take an effort in conversing or even doing anything just to spend time with you.

It took you a while to answer until you heard from Luisa, "The guests are coming!".

"Uh...sure, why not. And well, now that the guests are arriving, you should probably go and welcome them" you smiled awkwardly, deliberately withdrawing your hand as you slowly walked away. "By the way, tell Antonio I said good luck." You said as you descended down the stairs.

From outside the Casita, you could see the townspeople crowding towards the house. It was almost time for Antonio's gift ceremony. And as you expected, Camilo was right outside greeting the people while even shape-shifting into them to make it more entertaining.

The house was now lively and high-spirited, emitting a warm atmosphere inside. Every corner has all sorts of festivity, and you settle on the area where the Casita was making grilled corn on a cob.

You waved to where you saw your family was standing, your Abuela noticed you while fixing her son's hair, but Mariano was too distracted looking at Isabella who was dancing and putting on flowers to the people who were watching. Still, his attention didn't matter, as long as your Abuela knows where you are, it's fine.

Then a little while later, the drums started rolling catching everyone's attention letting them know that the ceremony was starting. You immediately went towards your family, Mariano putting his arm around your shoulder so you won't get pulled away by the crowd. You then hold onto his arm as a sign of gratitude to his thoughtfulness.

You stared at the Abuela in front as she started her monologue about the ceremony.

"Fifty years ago...in our darkest moment... This candle blessed us with a miracle. And the greatest honour of our family...Has been to use our blessings to serve the beloved community. Tonight, we come together once more... As another steps into the light... To make us proud."

The drums rolled once more after the speech, as a cue for Antonio's procession towards his door. The tiles formed into a red path to lead the young boy. The people all clapped, encouraging him to continue. However, the boy didn't move at all even after a tile below him aided him to walk. He nervously looks to his side and reaches his arm for someone.

Then Mirabel emerges from the shadows, receiving a surprised look from the people, including you. Mirabel then held Antonio's reaching hand. She softly reassures Antonio and they finally started to walk through the path.

Seeing Antonio have his absolute trust in Mirabel, you melted. You were glad the boy found his comfort in her. Well, it was understandable since they did have bonded for most of Antonio's life as they were both together in that nursery.

You smiled at them as they parade onwards, but just as they passed through, you noticed that right across from you was Camilo with the rest of his family. He also had a proud smile on his face as he watched them go.

You hadn't realized you'd been staring at the boy until he glimpsed back at you.

He tilts his head slightly, the corner of his mouth twitched upwards, he had a soft smile on his lips and it felt like time had stopped. Mirabel, Antonio and absolutely everyone and even everything except for your heart-which was suddenly beating like a madman-had stopped.

You quickly looked away returning your attention to the two who had already started to ascend their way upstairs to the little boy's door. As they arrived in front of their Abuela, the elder had questioned the young boy as she had to every Madrigal on their ceremony.