Dragons Who Are Purple

I walked in the Fortune Cookie shop and looked around. Nobody greeted me. Since I didn't want to act like I was intruding, I stood to the side and waited. Everything was quiet. I disliked the quiet since I knew that my friends were gone and I couldn't have anybody to talk to now. It hurt me, the silence. It really did... Mocking me by stealing my friends away and not doing anything to help me in the long run. I guess that's the the reason I joined the Purple Dragons.

Finally, the door I came in at opened and Fong and the other two walked in. Dis looked at me and Tsoi just scowled, his mustache not helping the glaring gesture, either. I ignored him and waited for Hun. He followed in behind the three and looked at me and smiled, his sunglasses still locked in place on the brdige of his nose.

"Glad you could make it," he said.

"Like I would be late for this," I stated, crossing my arms. "So what's first?"

"Impaitent, aren't we?"

"Duh."

"Alrighty then," he smirked. "We'll be with you on your first test."

"Where we going?"

"The museam."

"Really?" I asked with a sad twist. "That place is boring."

"Only," Hun said, looking at the others. "When they're open. When they're closed, that's when the interesting part starts."

I smiled, eager. "When?"

"Tonight."

So we stayed at the factory that night, Hun laying out the plan of how to break in the Museam of the City of New York in Manhattan. It was a decent Museam, so we were going for it. Nothing too big for us. So I was the one that was going to break in since I had learned the art of lockpicking without triggering alarms. I'm glad Hun had been teaching me. Tsoi would go in first and disarm the alarms before they could figure out the lockpick wasn't a key. I'm not sure who has been teaching him, but whoever was was teaching him fast with whcih set of electronic to deal with. Hun, Fong, and Sid will be stealing while I will keep lookout.

Our plan seemed well, I was getting nervous as three 'o' clock in the morning came round. Fong kept passing around coffee and we talked and laughed at the stupidest jokes and tales and lies. After a while, we started flinging throwing knives at a picture of a turtle. Why a turtle, I didn't know.

Finally, a half hour before we would break in, we started heading out and packing. I was excited and nervous all at the same time. And when Fong, Sid and Tsoi went outside to pack the van, Hun caught me before I could followed and pinned me to the side of the door with a smirk.

"I'm glad you decided to join us, Sophia," he said. "You learn quickly and I'm proud that you've done so."

"Thanks..." I muttered, smiling softly.

He smiled back, but with more confidence than mine before he kissed me. I blinked, eyes wide before relaxing and kissing back. I wasn't sure if I accepted this or not, but it wasn't helping my nerves calm down at all. Instead, they were scrambling around with a shock of him actually doing this. When he pulled back, I gasped, trying to get my bearings. He chuckled then led me outside.

Fong was in the driver's seat, waiting for us. He glared at Hun when he saw us leave together. Sid and Tsoi were on the inside and didn't seem to notice nor care when we piled in. Hun sat in the front and crossed his arms. I sat in the back and squeezed around myself, embarrassed to be around all the boys at one time, but I scolded myself to try and get used to it.

Fong drove off, a little more harshly than I intended or expected and I hit the back of the front driver seat. I grunted and glared at Fong through the rearview mirror. He didn't react but kept driving instead.

Sighing, I sat back and glanced out the window of the SUV we were driving in. Tsoi and Sid were quiet, Sid twiddling his thumbs as we neared the museum. I used the window's reflection to glance at Hun who was staring ahead and it the front window, anxious to begin the mission.

We pulled up in an alley about two blocks away. We watched the museum for a few minutes before they gestured me out. I slid out through the door I was closest to and used the shadows, which was hard considering all the street lights, and inched toward the building.

Sneakily, I snatched up my lock pick from my pocket and started to work quickly before any cameras near could catch me. The lock was trickier than I expected and before I knew it, alarms started sounding off.

"No!" I growled, yanking the pick out of the lock and backing up. "It's not fair!"

"Let's go!" Hun shouted from the alley. I growled and turned, running back to the van. I hopped in and Fong drove deeper in the alley to hide the van, turning off the lights just as the cops came. Hun watched the police lights flash and sighed, "Better luck next time..."

I looked at him hurt just as he looked at me, his expression hidden behind his sunglasses. I said nothing as we drove back to the Fortune cookie factory. All I wanted was to prove I could do something useful but that was turning sour quick. I hope I could prove myself to them soon.