Masking Emotions

When we returned to the lair after the whole Purple Dragon busting, Leo and I went to the dojo almost immediately. We were stopped by a fast-growing Opal chasing Melanie and Adrian. We paused before we were taken out of the room by flailing claws and whipping tails. I watched them disappear into the lab. I waited for a second to hear screaming to get out, but Leo continued without me and I decided to follow. Just as I turned my back I heard "Get out" ring across the lair.

Leo led me to the dojo and looked around. I decided to sit down and relax, breathing slowly as I began to let my mind wander. My eyes closed on their own accord as well and I was drifted off to a sleep-like trance. Images danced around once more in my head. They seemed to be on repeat. Until they began to focus in.

I watched steadily, aware of me being unable to move. The figures were from previous dreams. Leo with his tie and the other Turtle. But now, only, her face was visible. She had brown eyes and blue-green mask. Nobody in the lair had that color.... Who was she, then?

"And I would buy you rings of gold,

"I'd even sing you poetry," Leo sang. He twirled the blue-green masked Turtle around and I watched. I could feel my ears perking in confusion as well as interest. But Leo continued.

"And I would keep you from all harm

"If you would stay beside me."

Then the girl voice spoke up, clearer than I remembered and it sounded like me, "I have no use for rings of gold

"I care not for your poetry.

"I only want your hand to hold. I only want you near me."

The two twirled and the newer Turtle grinned and giggled as Leo continued on. I had a feeling I could complete the song this time. "To love and kiss and sweetly hold

"For the Dancing and the dreaming.

"Through all life's sorrows."

Leo caught the other Turtle's wrist and swung her away from him. Grinning like crazy, they both began singing together. Their voices mingled so nicely that I had to hum along.

"I'll keep your laugh inside me

"I'll swim and sail on savage seas with nay a fear of drowning,

"And gladly ride the waves of white."

"Sophie!" A voice called to me. I yanked my eyes opened and looked up, feeling my neck crane in resentment of the fast move after being at attention for so long.

I didn't finish the song... I looked up at Leo who was standing in front of Splinter. The rat did not look amused at Leo's interruption. I wasn't very amused either, but I said nothing. My tail tip flicked and I relaxed my muscles.

"What would you doing?" he asked.

"Daydreaming," I answered.

Splinter's ear flicked and cautiously asked. "Were you meditating?"

"I guess," I sighed as I set a hand on my neck and popped it. My tail jerked and I glared at the extra limb. "But I was seeing something... Would that count as meditating? I thought meditating was emptying your mind and breathing and stuff?"

"Many people see different things," Splinter answered. "For you, it is what you saw."

"But... it's never finished," I added in quietly. "Like it's trying to tell me something."

Leo's eyes glittered for a second and kneeled in front of me as if he wanted to say something. He didn't say anything though, just rather stared at me as if he was trying to figure something out. My ears lowered involuntarily and I felt suddenly hot. The blue eyes were staring right at me. I tried to look away. It took several minutes before I did and I took a deep breath that I didn't realize I was holding.

Leo heaved a sigh before Splinter spoke up, "Perhaps it is time to retrieve the others."

"Training session?" I asked hopefully. My ears perked in excitement. I wanted to do something other than sit here. I wanted Hun to pay.

"Maybe," Splinter said. Leonardo got up and then left the room. I watched him leave before glancing over at the weapon's rack. I would need to choose one.

Splinter noticed my glancing and chuckled softly, "One day, Sophia. But not today."

"What do you mean?" I let out a whine. "I'm ready. And everyone knows it!"

"Your anger us getting you nowhere," the rat said a little forcefully. "Ninjas are about patience and dignity. You have neither at this point."

I frowned and was about to say more but then the kids came trampling in the dojo with their wooden weapons. Even Opal who was now carrying a Scythe. The parents of the kids soon followed suit. Then Mikito and Mikey directly after. Leo was the last as he herded them all in.

Splinter gestured with his hand to me to get up. I did as he said and I was watching the kids as they attacked one another. Melanie was using her tail as a barrier and Opal soon picked it up as well. Adrian was wailing at the fact that he didn't have one before his sister tripped him. His cries echoed the room.

"Adrian..." Naomi muttered as she came up to her son. She picked him up and left the room, glancing at Mikito on the way out.

Mikito's belly was bigger. Even if it was just a few inches smaller yesterday or the day before. I guess turtle bellies don't swell until near the end of the pregnancy.... My tail flicked as everyone grew silent. Even the kids.

Leo stepped forward with something in his hands. It looked like fabric. My ears perked in curiosity. It was a sea green color with more blue hued in than you might expect. It was beautiful in its own way. When Leo opened up his hands, the fabric shuffled out in a flat way. It was a mask.

"What's this?" I asked.

"Yours," Leo responsed. "You deserve a mask after being with us so long." The tone of his voice felt like he was hiding something, but I didn't question it.

"But what if I wanted something like Julie has?" I responded. "Or a bandana that goes on your forehead?"

"Can I have that, daddy?" I heard Melanie whisper softly to Raph. He shushed her without another word.

"You may change it then," Splinter spoke up. "But for now, this is yours."

I huffed and reached over to the mask. As I was, I was thinking of all the replacements I could wear other than a turtle designed mask. I mean, Julie had a scarf-like thing. And Naomi had a mask tied on her tail. I think a bandana would be awesome to wear.

Just as I touched the mask to put it on, blurriness took over me. I stopped in my tracks and took a step back before collapsing. My head hit the tree and my world went black.

~~~~~~~TMNT~~~~~~~

The file has been found! I thought it was deleted but I guess it wasn't because it was saved on my phone. Be happy!

And I'm gonna end this book because I have multiple reasons to do so.

1: I have to finish Mikito's book. And even think of ideas for later books because season 1 is not all there is.

2: I uh.... promised? I would make a book on Wattpad to advertise a Pack of mine on a game I play. It'll be on my Darktail account for those interested. Wolf pack. But you have to get the game to be in it.

3: School and work. I give up on them....

4: Animating. I have three MAP parts that are due in February and I only just started one.

5: The series need to end anyway. I may continue with the Turtle Eye books but I have no idea yet.