Store

{Skylar}

"Why did you leave last night?" I ask James. "Because i didn't feel like seeing Nate's fucking face. I want you to stay away from him." Oh i will he annoys the shit out of me. "Yeah i will i hate him." I roll my eyes.

"I need to get some groceries, do you need anything?" James is leaving today so he might want some snacks for on the plane. "No thanks." James is one of those people who doesn't enjoy food. He eats it but only when it's necessary. I can't imagine how it is to be him. I fucking love food. "Okay bye." I give him a kiss on his cheek.

The grocery store is only a few blocks away so i'll walk there.

"Hi." I greet the owner of the store. First i need to get chicken. I will be cooking tonight, or at least i'll try. "Oh shit." I almost forget to get two chicken's. As im walking backwards i bump into someone. "Shit i'm sorry." I quickly turn around. Just fucking great.

"Oh it's you." I say annoyed. "Skylar." Gosh my name sounds so good when he says it. "Bye." It turn around and shake my head. "Wait." He stops me.

"What?" I turn around. "I'm sorry." He's what? "About." I never in a million years thought Nate Adams would say sorry.

"About saying that u regret getting to know you. I lied." What the fuck. He confuses the shit out of me.

"Then why did you say it?" Wierdo. "Because i didn't wanna hurt you. Look Skylar i'm not a good person." Why does everyone keep saying that? "Yes you are. The fact that you use drugs doesn't mean your a 'bad person'." He shakes his head. "You don't understand Skylar."

"Then explain what you mean." It's not that hard. "It's nothing." Then don't make it look like it's a big deal.

"Okay if you say so. How's Natasha doing?" I haven't spoke to her in a while. "She's doing great." I really miss her and i think i'll visit her sometime this week. "Good." I smile.

"This is going to sound wierd but would you like to do something tomorrow?" I look at him confused. What happened to him? I thought he never wanted to see me again. "Uhm yeah sure. What do you have in mind?" Something crazy is happening to him. Is his period finally over?

"You remember that ice cream shop we used to go to as kids." My eyes widden as i remember. When we were kids James, Nate and i would always go there. "You remember that?" I'm kinda in shock. "Yeah of course i do." He smirks. "Okay let's do that." I nod.

"Bye Skylar." He hands me a chicken i chuckle and look up at him. "Thanks. Bye."

What the fuck just happened? It's like the old Nate was back for a moment. Still confused i pay for my groceries and leave.

"Have you seen my text?" James asks when i walk inside. "No why?" I take my phone out of my pocket.

James:
Skylar

Skylar!

Get me some potato chips please!!

"I asked you if i needed to bring you something right before i left James!" I lift up my arms. "Sorry."

"You can get it yourself." I laugh and shake my head. "Uhg fine." He rolls his eyes at me.

One hour later.

It's time for James to leave so i'm helping him with getting the bags inside the taxi like the good sister i am.

"Thanks for letting me stay here Esther." James gives Esther a hug. "See you next time Chlo." He gives her a kiss on her forehead. She looks up at him and blushes. "Bye James."

"Oh i'm going to miss you so much sissy." He jokes and gives me a hug. "Bye asshole." I smile at him. "Bye." He gets in the taxi and leaves. It was really nice that James was here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Sneak peek of chapter 24 😏