The boy nextdoor

{Skylar}

When i came inside dad wasn't home. He's probably at the bar getting drunk with his friends. I feel like i'm flying from all the drugs but i know that i will have to face the reality in the morning. I'm going to take a shower and then i'll go to bed.

The next morning.
My head hurts like a bitch as i wake up at the sound of glass shattering; he's home. As i'm walking downstairs i pray to god that he's sober even though i know he's not. Dad hasn't been sober in four years. I don't even remember what he was like before he was an alcoholic and that breaks me even more. The only side of dad i know is the drunk abusive side.

"Where were you last night?" He asks furiously. "I-i" Before i could finish a empty bottle of whiskey gets trown in my face. I stumble back and hit my head on the counter. Tears immediately filled my eyes. "Please stop." I begged him. But he didn't hear it. "Your the biggest mistake i have ever made! Your a slut that can't do anything right your a failure!" Even though dad has told me this a hundred times before it still hurts every time he says it.

"Kneel and beg me for mercy!" Even if i kneel i still won't get mercy but i'm to scared to know what happens when i won't. "P-please im b-begging you for mercy." I cry out while on my knees.

He pulls me up by my hair and a fist collides with my right cheek. A squeal leaves my lips of the pain. Make it stop, please.

Dad was finally done with beating the shit out of me and i decided to get dressed and forget about it. I'm wearing a pair of ripped black jeans with a plain white crop top. As i'm looking outside i see a tall figure walking outside; it was the guy from last night. Nate was it? Yes Nate definitely Nate. I have never seen him here though?

I open the front door and walk towards him. "Hey shyguy." I say with a smile. He looks over at me and scans my face. Fuck. I forgot to cover up the bruises. "Skylar." He greets. "Do you live here?" I ask him with a confused look. "No my aunt lives here." Wow he was nothing like his aunt, Natasha always talked with me. We even go shopping together. She feels like my second mom. "Your aunt is a amazing person. Do you visit her alot?" He probably doesn't because i would've noticed him. I mean you don't miss a guy this good looking. "I used to come here every weekend when i was a kid." Holy shit bear! I knew that his name was familiar to me.

Flashback

"Promise me we will be best friends forever bear!" I stick out my pinky for him. "I promise unicorn." He says with a giggle.

"Oh my gosh i knew it!" I say excited. "What?" He asks with a blank look. "Your bear!" The expression on his face changes and a small chuckle escapes his lips. "Oh my gosh you remember!" I say full of excitement. "Of course i do." He's changed a lot since the last time i saw him. He used to talk all the time and he laughed more than anyone in the world, but now he was cold and didn't talk a lot. I wonder what happened.

"I see you guys are talking again." I hear Natasha say from behind. When i turn around she gasps in shock. "Oh sweetie. Come to my place later today, okay?" Natasha knows what is going on at home because she hears everything. One day she wanted to call the cops but dad killed her husband. He said that if she would try to call them again she would kill her son. "I will." I say while trying not to cry. "Anyways i should go inside again. I'll see you around, bear." I say and he chuckle's again. "Bye."

Dad is to the store to buy some more alcohol so i'm home alone for a few minutes. I'm going to watch my favorite movie until he will be back. When i turn the tv on i hear a child laughing. When i look outside i see Nate playing with Jason, Natasha's son. There both laughing and it's the cutest thing i've ever seen. Who knew that the man could actually still laugh?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Skylar's dad is called Ben by the way! I hate Ben. I think Ben should die.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! If you did support me by voting on this chapter!

Love u!<33