Chapter 25: Sunrise

While Snotlout, FIshlegs, and Iseabail conversed, another group consisting of the other young adults formed.

"So clearly, the townspeople still don't know about our dragons being friendly," Hiccup said.

"Why dae ye say that, Lord Hiccup?" Wee DingWall asked.

Hiccup looked at the townspeople who went around them like they had the plague. Quite a few were even choosing to step in mud puddles then go to the cleaner area closer to where they were standing. He supposed the only reason they weren't panicking was because the young lord, ladies, and princess were with them.

"Um, I don't know. It's just a guess," Hiccup replied.

"Yeah, with everything that happened I wasn't able to have the dragon-riding lesson, the princess asked me to do," Heather admitted.

"That's fine, settin' up a place shouldn't take too long--," Merida began to explain how to set the lessons up when she heard Hiccup yawn.

She stopped and looked around at everyone. Most of their hair was disheveled, bags were starting to form under their eyes, and quite a few closed their eyes a few seconds too long each time they blinked.

"I think ye should all go and rest. The sun is nearly up, yet ye all have any go'en to sleep since yesterday mornin'," Merida told the group.

"I'd hate to admit it, but all the adrenaline from a few hours ago is gone," Astrid said as she messaged her shoulder and stretched her neck.

"Aye, ye all look like ye're about to die from exhaustion," Catriona said as she joined the group.

She looked refreshed, and clean. A huge contrast to the others.

"Did ye sleep or somethin'? Ye look so well-rested," Young Macintosh asked.

"Nae. It's a clan DingWall secret," Catriona replied, putting her hand on her cheek.

Ruffnut looked at Boyd, noticing he too looked refreshed and hummed, "Huh."

"Anyway, Merida is right, you guys should go ahead and go to bed," Hiccup agreed and ushered them all away.

"Wait, we can't-- we can't just leave St--Stormfly and rest out here," Astrid tried to protest but the lack of sleep started to take its toll on her as her speech began to slur.

"Ye've been awake long enough," Young MacIntosh told her and lightly pushed her inside the castle.

"Aye, dinnae worry about anything, yer dragons will be taken care of in the meantime," Merida told them.

Astrid finally relented and nodded. The rest were already heading inside, worrying more about sleeping than anything else.

"I'm perfectly capable of walking without needing to be pushed," Astrid told Ryan and pulled herself out of his hands. 

She continued to walk by herself.

"Aye, but ye're going the wrong way," Ryan replied and turned her back toward the door.

"Thor, that's embarrassing," Astrid mumbled and sped up.

"So what do I have to do to learn that DingWall secret? Can I trade Tuff for it?" Ruffnut asked the DingWall siblings.

"The MacGuffin clan has already claimed Sir Tuffnut," Catriona replied.

"Ugh," Ruffnut groaned in realization. "I knew I should've traded him when I had the chance."

"Aye, but maybe we'll tell ye later?" Boyd suggested.

"Hey guys!" everyone heard Tuffnut call from the sky.