Chapter 6: Breaking the Wall

~~The video was made by KR Lavearyn and I absolutely love it!~~

"Up, up, up your Highness," one of Merida's servants told her. "You have little time to prepare."

"Yeah...sure... Wait, what!?" Merida asked and sprung up. "I overslept?"

"Unfortunately, yes, however, there is still food at the table for you. Everyone else is almost done though," she informed her.

"Were we really up until that late?" Merida asked herself before grabbing her favorite dress.

"I'm sorry Princess, but her Majesty requested that I help get you ready for the festival that will start in about an hour's time," the servant intervened and put the dress up.

"The festival, it's today, how could I have forgotten ?" Merida groaned.

"The Queen would like you to wear this dress," her servant got out a beautiful blue dress with blue vine-like designs in the front.

"Well, it does look pretty," Merida mused.

"And about your hair, The Queen acknowledges your dread towards having your hair tucked away, and proposes a compromise," the servant quickly explained once she saw Merida about to protest.

"And what would that be?" Merida asked curiously.

"She proposed forming two small braids from some of your hair in the front and having it tied at the back," the servant replied and demonstrated on her own hair.

"Alright, I can live with that," Merida agreed.

"Very well, now, we really must hurry if you are to eat before the ceremony. Not to mention before you give your speech," the maid reminded her while helping Merida dress.

"What speech?" Merida asked in a panic.

"The speech the Queen gave you the day the Vikings arrived," the maid told her.

Her mom had in fact given her a piece of paper on that day, but Merida was too excited to even hear what her mother had told her about the paper. While her maid went to find a better lace for her corset, she quickly looked through her belongings in order to find the paper. She made a bit of a mess but managed to find it. Her maid came back and finished preparing her for the festival while Merida quickly scanned through the speech in order to get the main idea of it all.

"There you go, Princess," the maid said with pride.

"Thank ye, I'll be off now," Merida said before quickly running off to catch up with everyone else.

"Sorry, I'm late!" Merida exclaimed once she opened up the dining room doors.

She looked around and saw that only the Vikings, the Lords' families, excluding the two younger ones, Graeme and Lillias, and her parents were there. The rest of the clans and even her brothers were gone.

"Merida," her Mother started in a tone of voice Merida had become accustomed to.

"Princesses are always on time, never yell, and never pant," Merida finished her Mother's lecture while heading towards the young adult table in a rather graceful walk. "And they don't interrupt."

Her Mother gave her a smile before continuing on with her conversation.

"Princess, do you mind telling us why we had to get all dressed up?" Tuffnut asked as he pointed to himself in disgust.

Merida then noticed that they were dressed in formal Scottish attire mixed with Viking attire. They still wore their helmets and armor, but they also had on plaid highland tartans. Hiccup and the rest of the guys had short belted plaids on. Astrid, Heather, and Ruffnut wore dresses, but Merida could tell they weren't wearing corsets by the way they moved so easily.