Chapter 14: Wedding Bells and Battle Cries

"How did this happen?" Astrid wondered as she looked at the outfit Tuffnut was wearing.

Most of the young Vikings and Lord's children were gathered in a large room— which happened to be quite big considering it fit 8 young adults, one servant, 4 dragons, and still had walking space inside. The hard part was fitting the dragons through the door which was large but it still made for a tight squeeze.

Iseabail and Fishlegs were talking to each other with Meatlug beside them, while Ryan was on the floor petting Stormfly and Windshear. Astrid, Heather, Ruff, and Boyd were standing in front of Tuffnut. A servant stood near the door to chaperone the small meeting.

"Yeah, who would force their daughter to marry you?" Heather asked. "No offense."

"I have no idea what you did this time, but it's hilarious!" Ruffnut laughed and pointed at her twin.

"Haha, have you ever been married unwillingly?" Tuffnut asked his sister.

Ruffnut gave him a bored look and pointed toward Fishlegs, who was whispering something to Iseabail. She giggled in response and nodded. The servant coughed making them increase the distance between them. Wee Dingwall, who was standing next to Ruffnut, looked between Fishlegs and Ruffnut.

"Oh, right. I guess it is pretty funny when I think about it happening to someone else," Tuffnut agreed and laughed.

"You haven't answered my question," Astrid interrupted.

"Well, for a reason I cannot freely say, Aileas's and Bigger Fishleg's dad is forcing me to marry her. It was that or torture so I figured why not," Tuffnut replied.

"Lord MacGuffin? He doesn't seem like that type who'd marry his only daughter off to a... viking, no offense it just that the Lords aren't your biggest fans," Young MacIntosh
commented and raised his hands, "Whatever you did must have been big."

"What is this I heard about a wedding?" Eret asked as he came through the bedroom door.

The servant jumped at the sudden appearance of another person.

"Where's Kirsteen?" Ryan asked Eret and looked behind him.

"She was asked to go to the bride's room. Something about 'last minute bridesmaids'?" Eret replied and laid down on his bed.

Iseabail gasped, "I was supposed to find my sister before going."

"We'll help you find her," Fishlegs volunteered. "Won't we girl?"

Meatlug wagged her tail happily, almost hitting Ryan's face if not for Stormfly using her wing to stop it.

"Last I saw, she was with Snotlout near the log throwing area," Heather told them.

"Thank ye," Iseabail told her before walking out of the room.

Meatlug was next which was a bit of a hassle. Fishlegs had to push her out.

"So you have no idea why Lord MacGuffin is marrying you to his daughter?" Heather asked.

"Oh, I know why I just can't tell you," Tuffnut replied as he pulled his kilt a little lower. "Does this make me look smaller?"

"Well, if you tell us we can probably get you out of it," Astrid retorted while ignoring his question.

"No can do. I made a promise never to speak of it," Tuffnut replied with his arms crossed.

"Yeah, you guts can leave. This is a twin-only thing," Ruffnut told everyone.

"Sorry Sis, this is something bigger. As a soon-to- be-married man I must think about my lady's honor," he proclaimed.