Jason.T x reader!Angst!Death in the family

They/Them pronouns

Bold : Jason singing

Italic : Y/n singing

Bold and Italic : Both singing

dont play the music until i tell you to please :)

I had noticed jason was distacing himself from everyone after the death of bruce. He refuses to eat or sleep until he finds the joker.

Jason P.O.V

We had buried him with Thomas and Martha, the Wayne family, finally reunited. Finally at peace. After the funeral I went straight to the cave, i told dick, barbara and y/n that i had to work through our loss by getting back to the mission, as batman wouldve wanted. I promised alfred that the batfamily would capture the joker together, as bruce wouldve wanted. I lied, so i alone could find him and send him off to hell. Weirdly, big blue paid a visit to console me with stories of the worlds greatest detective and friend. Nice. I almost went for batman's kryptonite stash. Then wonder woman, we shared bat-war stories, and she left feeling i was on a healing path. Im glad she didnt use her lasso of truth on me. Big brother dick dropped by again, more bat-stories. Flash apperently got the justice league memo to pep talk robin, more bat-stories. And holy batcrap! Dick again! Then Y/n with stories of our saviour and with pleas for me to sleep. I didn't listen to them.

Day in and day out, more heroes followed. All of them sharing their stories, Batman was scary but smart, brutal but just, cold but caring. The dark knight was always there for anyone facing their darkest days. It struck me that all these superpowered heroes had so much to unload about a guy with no powers, to me, another guy with no powers. Like im their superfriend or something, I think bruce would've liked that. I think he would've liked Y/n if he had more time with them.

My nose had a singular band-aid as I kept on researching the joker's location when suddenly the computer got shut off. I looked around the cave to see why and saw Y/n leaning on the desk as they held the power cable in their hand. I grumbled as I got up from the chair and stretched. 

Y/n P.O.V

I had seen Jason on the computer with the screen at full brightness in the dim cave and decided to do something about it. I made no noise as I unpluged the power cable to the computer. Jason turned around to face me and got up from the chair. When he stood up he stretched his arms out and yawned with a grumble.

''It's not healthy to spend your entire life infront of a screen'' I said sarcastically as I looked directly into his eyes. I could see a wave of anger and sadness fog his glittering green eyes.

''This profession isn't necessarily healthy either.'' He snapped back which hurt a bit

''C'mon Jace, let's go the library and read some Hemingway'' I sugested putting down the cable and slowly approching him. He dodged me and walked away saying

''No thanks im going to my room''

That hurt me more than I could admit. Whenever either of us had any free time we would go down to the library to drink milkshakes and read classic literature. Ernest Hemingway's the sun also rises was one of his favorites but now he probably didnt even think about the book or me. I accepted it with a small ''okay'' that he probably didn't even hear. 

As he walked away I turned to the elevator and went to the library. I didn't feel like reading because that reminded me too much of our times together so i decided to draw instead. Jason never drew with me but I knew that he was good at it. I wanted to draw him as a surprise or something so i did.

*this is what you drew but if u find something better then you can use that*